Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm new to your chat line. It's great to read your postings about duck hunting. I'm old to duck hunting but new to the Spokane area. I was wondering if anybody would know where the guys in the attached article could have been hunting?

www.wildfowlmag.com/destinations/spokane_0422/

I drove for miles along the river and never really saw anywhere that didn't have houses, buildings, city limits, etc. Maybe I didn't go far enough. Any info on this great Spokane River hunting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GreenheadKiller,
Thanks for the reply. I don't know, maybe they made it up or were shooting from someone's front yard. I live by the Spokane River in Spokane Valley and have been seeing more ducks in the last several days but no hunting available here. Have you ever been to the Pend Oreille River? Thinking about going there tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, duck hunting didn't look too promising so we drove over to Clearwater River instead and spent the day casting for Steelhead. We saw several nice fish but no hook ups. We noticed there were a few ducks in the area, mostly divers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The background looks kinda like south of Spokane somewhere between Spokane and the Columbia. Also, try Sprague Lake. It's not that far from you and can be good. Could be froze up by now though. Have you driven the Spokane River toward the Columbia?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips. I've seen a lot of ducks around Sprague at times when driving by. I know part of it is a refuge with no hunting. I haven't driven the Spokane toward the Columbia yet but will give it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.