Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys Spray Krylon matte on new GHG decoys to help with paint problems when you get them. I've ordered a new puddle duck rig some are ghg and some are g&h but I'm trying to decide if It would be benificial to spray the ghg's.

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I never have but I would if I ever had anymore. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Yes....alot of us have. Now, these coats have to be thin coats 3-4 will suffice. If you try and do thick coats...you will get shine, and a white milky film. Make sure you shake the can extremely well, or it's spit out lil gobs and creates lil white gobs.
Even shake the can during use. I hold my can about 12 14 inches away.
1 can can do a doz magnum sized decoys.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Its a great idea Wet. I sprayed all my GHG out of the box with four lite coats. I worked for some, but others chipped regardless. I don't think it makes a big difference for the most part. If you get a bad batch they are going to chip regardless; the good ones would probably hold up fine without it. But I think does help to maintian the look longer. I also wash them after the season is over and give them a touch-up coat to hopefully hold them for another season.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest I already had about 4-5 dozen of them and haven't really noticed any chipping problems on any of them I have my divers on LL's and dabblers on Ind weights. just trying to make these last my others I've been hunting going on 4-5 yrs now.

2 doz CB's
1 doz BB's
1/2 doz teal
1/2 doz r/necks
1/2 doz buffies
1/2 doz widgeons

One thing I am going to do on these Is go all with Ace Anchors instead of straps or mushrooms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts