Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
9,006 Posts
quackadikt said:
I hunt a field-bred Springer. She's about 45-ish lbs of pure hell on a bird. She has been the easiest, most biddable dog I have ever seen. She's broken skim ice and caught cripples in open water. She's not quite 3 and has picked up somewhere around 350-400 birds(ducks and doves). She's steady as a rock, although she does whine when things get slow, but I've learned to live with it. My only complaint with them is their coat. We have A LOT of cockleburs in New Mexico around water, and I have to leave her at home sometimes becuase they're so bad in some places I hunt.

Never seen a dog with a nose like hers, love her size, and a Springer will keep you laughing. I love them, just wish they had a coat more like a labs. I'm actually putting out some feelers for a lab or chessie so that I'll be able to hunt with a dog even when the cockleburs are awful.

daaaamn look at that lil badass. Awesome pics.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks...she is a bad little bitch :yes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks like a great field bread Springer.Field coat that will hold very little snow that will hinder a hunt.No hair under the armpits to matt and need to be trimmed out and the same with the feet.Ears set up on head short,the ear is flat with no hair on the inside to transport debris, not like a tube laying low allowing this.Eyes set deep in the head with little eye surface to collect junk instead of the lawn ornament Bambi look.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts