Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why i thought of this today but, I used to paddle the spurwink river all the time as a kid and can't recall ever seeing anyone hunting the river except one old roughed up blind.

Does anyone here hunt the river or have any idea of the fowl that may use the marsh or river during the season?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used to hunt there often before I moved up-state. I've only really hunted above the bridge. Stay in the river or on the east side. The west side is Racheal Carson and requires a permit. It's not fast gunning, and it goes from ebb to flood very quickly. There are actually a few old derelict blinds out there from back in the old days when they hunted the salt pans. For some reason the ducks don't use the pans anymore. Some say it goes back to the days of DDT. In any event, it's a nice little marsh. I don't hunt there because the gunning's any better than anywhere else. More because my dad used to hunt it back in the 50's and 60's.

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.