Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found what I believe to be a roost marsh. 2 doz Mallards milling around a 10 acre swamp. They don't seem to pick up and go anywhere even with corn fields nearby. Took two yesterday, going to rest it until after deer season.

I'm new to duck hunting so if anyone in Connecticut has any tips they'd like to share as far as when the flights, how to scout or what to look for I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I understsand there are a ton of birds in CT right now.....several tons of geese!!!!

I'll be down next Wednesday for a few days to hunt the River and get out in some fields for geese. Please do not chase them out of there!!!!!! Just kidding of course, but I speak with a guide at least once a week (I used to gude for him back in the 80's and 90's) and they are overwhelmed with birds. Last Thursday he went out to a farm pond and with NO decoys two guys had their mallard limits in less than twenty minutes!!! With no dekes!!!! He knows how to scout, puts in alot of time and finds the right spots.

They have also been limiting almost every day on Canadas depending upon what zone is open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.