Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

I went goose hunting for the first time this season and I absolutely loved it and have decided that I now need to get set up to hunt geese.

My question to all, what is a good number and combination of decoys to start out with? (shells, full bodies etc)

Also if anyone has some decoys that they are wanting to get rid of for a decent price, considering I am still in college and cant afford alot. shoot me a pm. I would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you are hunting geese that arent very experienced pick up some a dozen or two cheaper carry-lite or flambeau dekes

if you are hunting pressured geese that see alot of decoys i believe less, more realistic decoys are better.

buy the best you can afford basically.

For about the same as 2 dozen shells you could buy a dozen bigfoot full bodies, and the bigfoots will LAST, something you dont hear about too much any more with decoys

I would rather have a dozen full bodies than 2 dozen shells

I also have a dozen GHG oversize shells and they work and look good and dont cost much more than normal shells.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.