796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your state have:

1) Hunters Safety
2) Archery Safety
3) Boaters Safety
4) Four-wheeler Safety

Please comment and list any details.
Here in TN we have 1,2,3 and they are wanting to make any youths under 16 have a four-wheeler safety course. Personally, I think they all help to prevent at least a few accidents each year. :smile:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i know we have hunter/boater safety course which covers some fishing also. i believe SC also has a atv safety couse. i'll that just to be certain. most dealers around here offer them but i don't know if it's a state thing or not.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I know when I bought my quad Yamaha offered to give me $100 to take the four wheeler safety course here in Washington. (I never did make it to one but I should have, a free $100!)

I know we have 1,3,4. I am not sure about Archery, I am sure we do though...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Missouri has 1 and 3 that are state mandated. The boat course came into affect this year. I know the Hunter Safety course I went to, they threw in a little archery safety stuff on the side. They do stuff around here like 98ram said with the ATV's, but it's not a law yet.

These courses are a hassle for most people who already are safe about what they do, but if they safe a life or prevent an injury then it makes it worth it.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
SC - Boating

Boaters under 16 years of age are required by law to pass an approved boater education course before operating, without supervision, a personal watercraft (jet ski) or a boat powered by 15 hp motor or more.

SC - Archery ("On Target For Life")

Designed to teach Olympic-style archery in 4th-12th grades, core content covers archery history, safety, technique, equipment, mental concentration, and self-improvement. Before presenting the 2-week archery course, teachers undergo an 8 hour National Archery Association Level I archery-training program.

SC - Hunting

All residents born after June 30, 1979, must successfully complete a hunter education course that is approved by the Department of Natural Resources before a hunting license can be obtained. The SCDNR offers a 10-hour hunter education course which includes classroom instruction and hands-on experience in hunter safety and hunting techniques. In addition, students learn about hunting ethics, hunter/landowner relations and basic conservation and wildlife management principles.

Dont know the details on the ATV course though.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
a hunter safety course is required for all hunters under the age of 18 here in oregon. once you are over 18 a safety certificate is no longer needed.

we do have a boater education class, but i am not familiar with the particulars as it was just installed a year or two ago and really hasn't affected me.

not sure about the archery (doubt it..probably just the same hunter safety course requirement for your hunting license) or the ATV. (again, doubt it.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.