Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas: I have a question for you. My first lab now 10 yrs old was a started pup. then I took over and worked her into a good retriever. But just bought a new pup who is now 10 weeks old. She sits good, heels 1/2 way decent, retrieves bumpers good delivering to my hand, but stay is out of the question. Is she to young to grasp the concept or just keep sitting with her at my side repeating stay. Any help is appreciated. Don

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yes, I think that 10 1/2 weeks is too young for extending the sit.

Secondly, I don't use stay on my dogs. My dogs have all learned that sit means, sit down and stay there until I give you another command.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Goosehunterdog: I took your advice and ordered the sound begginnings dvd just now. There are so many unanswered questions and my memory from 10 yrs ago training my older lab isn't sharp. I remember things like decoys in the park bayou, and on the baseball field. Trapping pigeons for field work, etc. The program I used was from Mike Lardy, I think but it was from the perspective of a started pup, with its basic obidience skills learned. She was 7-8 months when I got her. Thanks again Don

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Don, for advanced work I would stick with the Mike Lardy program if you have experiance with it!!! Thank You for your order!! You will really like Sound Beginnings..In my opinion it is the best "puppy" training video on the market at the moment..I will ship your DVD out today..Happy Training!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.