Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Greece. These waders are the only american ones they import here. I have also found some european ones but when it comes to heavy duty use, I do have a preference in US products. So what do you think? Are they good? I think they are 4.5 mm thick with 1000 grams thinsulate in the boots.

Thanks in advance,
Leo

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
falco,

I would get a better brand if you can. Hodgman and LaCrosse make great waders. there is some company that is popular in New Zealand that sells super think neopremes, I want to say like 10mm or something like that, you might look them up depending on how cold it is

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, this is southern Europe here, it isn't really that cold, I guess 5 mm would be the thickest to be considered, but thanks anyway. As I said, Stearn's is the only american brand here, the other two that I can buy are Brittish, Ron Thompsin & Prologic, I' ve never heard anything about them.

By the way, what's wrong with the Stearn's waders? Do they leak or something? If they are really not any good, maybe I should prefer the brittish ones, they are also considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got a pair of 8mm that I roast in in -10degree F weather . they're from cabelas i'm sure you could order some from their store online or one of many other good sporting goods suppliers that have online sales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.