Duck Hunting Forum banner

stoeger and charles daly

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  damnit_deke 
#1 ·
i bought a charles daly 12ga semi and a stoeger2000 and took them to the trap range shot light and hevi loads thriough both . the daly would jam occasionly on the light loads but handled fine on the hevi loads such as steel3 2 1 bb and bbb and lead 4and 5 .stoeger on other hand handle perfect on all loads and was faster shooting than the daly . weight wise the stoeger is lighter and a little more kik but hardly noticeable between the 2 im keeping the stoeger and giving the charles daly to my brother who has recently started hunting ducks and pheasants and was happy to take it since itwas his 1st gun that he will actually own he will be huntin with me this fall so iwill be able to get a better comparison of the 2 guns in the feild this fall and ill let u know how both did. happy huntin duxers!

#2 ·
oh to even have the cash to make that kinda purchase! I commend you for for giving the gun to your brother, I'm sure he's happier than heck! But you present a pretty good comparison between the two, and it reminds me of the recent post of good calls under $40 (or was it $20?)...anyways. Maybe we can get to see more product comparisons like this? Ones where people test one, two, or more products just to see what they are all about for either the sake of experimentation, or as a means to an end. (in your case you needed a gun, and your bro was helped by it too) Hey maybe some of you all can tell your wives you are buying __________(fill in the blank) for research purposes. :yes:

#5 ·
jacyln.........are you saying that I'm rude? :pissed: I would hope not, because if my post upset you,certainly wasn't trying, sorry. If my earlier post did upset you I suggest maybe finding another site. Have a nice day.
:salude:

#6 ·
i don't think so huntmq1 (at least i hope not) i THINK jaclyn was saying that asking people at gun stores can be hard as they are often rude, and she was happy to find info on buying guns here on this site. there was nothing wrong with what you said :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Thanks Had.........because it was meant to be funny, because if I, and most, told their wives we were buying something for "research", her answer would be something like my earlier post.
Jacyln... :welcome: If I DID seem rude, I wasn't trying to be.
:salude:

#8 ·
huntmq1 i know u werent trying to be rude i got the joke cuz i know sometimes i say crap lik that to my husband but eversince he got me into hunting i dont reaaly say much any more cuz i understand the sport better now and thank u for welcoming me here i really lik this site it is teaching me alot so i can hunt better and understand what my hubby is talking about.

and damnitdeke, my hubby agrees with you ,hes doing more research into a gun for me now ina semi auto hopefully i will have a new gun soon togo with my nova thanks

HUNT ON!!

#9 ·
I was expecting one of two things when I wrote that suggestion, 1) people might say; "yeah thats a good idea" (meaning more comparisons of products) or 2) "thats already somewhere on duckuntingchat.com" (probably somewhere in the gun or gear forums). As far as the trying to convice your wives that "research" is a viable excuse for purchasing more gear, well thats just tongue in cheek. But I still like the idea. Everyone has opinions on the gear they use, everyone. Think: "whats the difference between brand X and brand Y?" What book have you found more useful in improving your skills, what video takes the cake, etc etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.