Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at decent but not expensive O/U.

The Stoeger Condor Comp. feels really good, especially with the adjustable comb. $560

The Remington SPR also is nice and the Nickel receiver looks good. Remington is lighter. $680

Also looking at a Beretta 390 black, used @$450.

Any thoughts or issues with these guns???

· Registered
3,655 Posts
All three are good guns.

I prefer the stoger. It fits me better.

The spr are built like tanks and seem to hold up to most anything.

The 390 great gun also.

Go with the one that fits you the best :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,333 Posts
What are you going to use the gun for? If it is a fowling piece I would stay away from a competition gun for a few reasons. First off, most clays guns have longer LOP than field guns which can hamper shouldering- especially w/ heavy clothing. Granted, you said it fits you better but make sure that fit is still good with a quad parka on. Secondly, and very important is many competition guns do not have the same amount and type of finish on the wood as field models, especially underneath the forearm and at the wood-to-metal junctions, making them very susceptible so absorbing water in inclement weather.

Between the 3 guns you mentioned, I'd go with the used 390 as it is a better made piece than the Spartan and the Stoeger. Not that the others aren't good guns, they are (I have an old Baikal 20 that is, like hamer said, a tank) but the Beretta is simply more refined and better assembled from higher quality materials...IMHO.

· Registered
7,549 Posts
Apex has good advice. I have a 3901. its a great gun. Its killed a lot of clay and birds. Flawlessly. I just bought a condor. Shot it the first time tonight. 19/25. Not bad for the first time. I'm excited about a O/U in the swamp. Its the only priced O/U I'd feel OK taking into a swamp. Get what fits, but buy the best gun you can afford. Duck seasons a ways off. Save up and get a great gun. Don't settle for a choice your not thrilled with.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, After talking to club members and on-liners, I am trying to find a deal on a new or used Beretta AL391 Urika-2 Sporting. Gold would be nice, but not likely.

Many people use it for everything.
Recoil seems pretty light.
Patterns well.
30" barrel.
Nice weight for hunting and OK for clays.

Anybody got one FS???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.