Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i bought a little honda genarator, a deep cycle battery, and a half case of cheap steel shot off a guy really cheap. to cheap. if anyone has had their stuff stolen in or around the gridley area, pm me. i shoundnt have bought the stuff but i figure if i could find the owner of the stuff it would be better than letting the guy trade it for dope or something.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Check with the police department and see if anybody filed a report for stolen property, or if there was any local robberies lately.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on that gen., i talked to a girl down at greylodge and left my name and # with her if whoever calls about being broke into. i have talked to a local deputey and he said i wouldnt be in trouble for receiving stolen property, like i said i dont know for a fact it is stolen, the guy might be just down on his luck, but if it is im trying to do the right thing! nothing else i got a fairley new gen. for 150 dollars!

·
Registered
36 Posts
You did the right thing. I know of two occasions where items were stolen and sold where the buyer was suspicious and the items eventually found their way back to the owner via the internet.

Way to be honest! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
ganderlander2 said:
on that gen., i talked to a girl down at greylodge and left my name and # with her if whoever calls about being broke into.
If there was a crime (theft) committed at GL refuge, DFG would not be the responding law enforcement, it would be the county Sheriff. If somebody's trailer was vandalized during the season, that person has reported it already- don't you think?

The Sheriff's office is the one you need to be in contact with, they'll have the police report.

As far as receiving stolen property, I'm not a lawyer as to CA law. I do contract negotiations for part of my job, and I've learned to NEVER use logic, common sense or any concept of 'fairness' in trying to predict how something you've done is treated under the law. Good way to get in serious trouble.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
ganderlander2 said:
on that gen., i talked to a girl down at greylodge and left my name and # with her if whoever calls about being broke into.
If there was a crime (theft) committed at GL refuge, DFG would not be the responding law enforcement, it would be the county Sheriff. If somebody's trailer was vandalized during the season, that person has reported it already- don't you think?

The Sheriff's office is the one you need to be in contact with, they'll have the police report. Or call the CAL TIP 800#, and talk to somebody in LE in DFG. What the woman at GL told you does not make any sense "if whoever calls.....".

As far as receiving stolen property, I'm not a lawyer as to CA law. I do contract negotiations for part of my job, and I've learned to NEVER use logic, common sense or any concept of 'fairness' in trying to predict how something you've done is treated under the law. Good way to get in serious trouble.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bill , i have contacted the local S.O., he is the one that told me if a report is filled i would be in trouble ( i reported it before a report was filed). i contacted G.L. because someone posted earlier that a trailer had been broken into at G.L. so i contacted them also. like i said earlier maybe the guy was down on his luck, but i dought it, so im trying to find its owner!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts