Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I've been thinking about dogs a lot lately....I'd like a good ol' duck dog but I'm not sure who to go through.....
We all have heard the name Dokken before but do you have any other preferences? One I found recently called Water's Edge Kennels in Buffalo, has litters of labs and Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers....they're probably not great for retrieveing a big ol' goose but they are bred for ducks I'm told. So can you reccomend a kennel? Any of you ever worked with a Toller?

On another note, what in petes sake is up with our weather? 50 degrees in january?! Im starting to think Canada if this keeps up. :pissed: I want a winter that makes you cry "mama"!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pete Fischer out of Avon, up by St. Cloud. He's got a lot going on with some pretty energetic dogs. Worth a shot, I have a friend who just spent $1200 on his dogandanother $1600 on training out of his main stud. Also have seen a few seminars from him,seem's he likes the tri tronic collars a lot, he promotes them in Pheasents forever mags.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We sell duck and pheasant dogs strictly for hunting, and will usually only sell to hunters, we have great bloodlines, all out of field champions on both sides. We start our pups when the are six weeks old on piegons and boy do they get birdy. We've had lots of pups kill piegons when they get around seven weeks old. We start shooting around them when they are pups so they aren't gunshy. We guarentee the hips, and all of our parents get x rayed and have all had exelent or good hips. Our stud dog's dad is a field champion, and all of the females we have have field champion bloodlines through and through, we hunt all of our dogs and train them as well, but we do send dogs to texas for more training. We've supplied majior mexican outfitters with dogs in mexico, rancho calocal being one of them. In one of our females we have over $4,000.00 in training. We sell pups from $250-$325. And started pups are a bit more and will be older. And about the tolling dog my dad used one, he would throw a stick and the dog naturally would throw it in the air and play as the ducks see that they will swim twoards the dog they won't take they're eyes off the dog and them once they are in range you shoot them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.