Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a pair of redheads that i think are great i have also had hodgeman and i would have to say that i would perfer redheads

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go with the LaCrosse waders. They are far the best waders out there. I wore the Ultimate waders from cabelas for a few years and they were great, but after looking at the LaCrosse, I'll be buying them for next year.

Abel
2003 WA State Duck Calling Champion

·
Registered
672 Posts
spend a few extra bucks and go for the redhead bone dry waders. if you hunt cold spots, they make a bone dry extreme, 6mm neoprene instead of the usual 3mm. the outside of these waders is textured so they pretty much cant tear. i hunt snaggy swamps and beaver ponds all the time and have never had a problem with these waders.

if youre safety conscious, you can even opt for the ripcord activated emergency flotation device too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I really like my LaCrosse waders. I bought my son a pair of their youth waders this year too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have had bad luck with the lacrosse waders. It seems like I repair a hole every time I go hunting. I am probably going to buy redheads this year because I have a friend that works there and can get me a 40% discount on all redhead gear.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got a $40 pair of Hodgemans from Fleet Farm and they do just fine.

A little cold in late November, but no complaints other than that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the cabelas ultimate hunting waders are my favorite. I haven't had much luck with hodgman, both pairs i've had started leaking around the seam of the boot.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I know two people that had Cabelas the boot liner tore. thats unfixable damage. had to throw them away.

I like hodgeman.

just try them on and get them to fit. dont think you need enough room for you and a limit of ducks in there, but dont get them skin tight.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Duct tape, trash bags, and white shrimpin' boots

1 - 20 of 21 Posts