Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey if we are all serious about a possible summer get together let's get a count of the number of people, and the best weekend to do do it. I think if everyone posts which weekend they would prefer, we could together come up with a time that works for most people. There are plenty of places nearby to have a small skeet or trap shooting tournament, and we could probably even get a few door prizes. Tarheel, mentioned a pig roaster, Coach mentioned the winery as a possible hosting plac, but I also have a place we could host it, and lodging, whatever works. Let's see if we can get this thing going. Respond with your best time, and the number of people in your party that would attend, that way we can get a feel for how many people that we need to accomodate. or maybe we'd all want to meet somewhere else. This is a beautiful area though. Rockbass is a fishing guide, maybe he could lend a hand, I'm pretty sure I could get us a ride on a tour boat.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Count me in, any weekend! :banana:

Hey Cpt how about you and Coach putting your heads together and get this thing up and running. Thats if you guys want too :thumbsup: :yes:

All in favor say I :thumbsup:

x-nay on the Boat tour bud, that will take these guys past some of my duck blinds :yes:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually looking forward to that. Especially the boys from New Jersey eeer I mean Long Island (Oops honest mistake). I would do the annoncing "On your right is DL's Blind open anytime from October to December" "Notice the huge pile of empty shells" ect. ect.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harvey, did you say next 2 weekends for the honeymoon? You are a total romantic. I took my wife out to applebees and then we stayed overnight in my grampas camper trailer. :rofl: :lol:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
harvey1b said:
"Yes ma'am, you are welcome!"

Yep, 10 days in Costa Rica, can't wait!!
Are there ducks in Costa Rica?

I'd be up for a get together, but what would have to happen, is that someone's got to set a day and place, and that's that. Personally I'd prefer someplace like Lakeview where we could fish and BBQ and bring the dogs, but I'd be down for just about anywhere. Any state parks with water access would be alright too. Winery would be cool, but I don't know if everyone on here is going to be able to deal with a drunken CLUTCHfan.

BTW, I drank three pitchers of green beer yesterday :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
only if I had taken her shots. I asked her about going on a duck hunt during the honeymoon and she was into it. I did a little more looking around and then realized that we were on the wrong end of the migration. I think we'll have plenty to do even if we don't get a hunt in. :wink:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Matt I forgot, :stouff: Sorry I got all cought up in the thread.

I'll be all dressed up on the 14th. Performing a sevice, most wouldn't expect to see.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
double post here sorry. Is there any way of getting a round about figure of the number of people that are NY members on this sight. Even if some didn't show up it would make it easier to see what kind of accomodations we need to arrange. Also I think it would be only fair of us to invite Tom* to this shin dig don't you all agree? :rofl:

·
Registered
52 Posts
captainduckhead said:
Hey if we are all serious about a possible summer get together let's get a count of the number of people, and the best weekend to do do it. I think if everyone posts which weekend they would prefer, we could together come up with a time that works for most people. There are plenty of places nearby to have a small skeet or trap shooting tournament, and we could probably even get a few door prizes. Tarheel, mentioned a pig roaster, Coach mentioned the winery as a possible hosting plac, but I also have a place we could host it, and lodging, whatever works. Let's see if we can get this thing going. Respond with your best time, and the number of people in your party that would attend, that way we can get a feel for how many people that we need to accomodate. or maybe we'd all want to meet somewhere else. This is a beautiful area though. Rockbass is a fishing guide, maybe he could lend a hand, I'm pretty sure I could get us a ride on a tour boat.
Are you with Uncle Sams?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.