Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just make sure to plant enough that the deer can't eat all the plants as soon as they sprout. I've tried planting only a couple of acres and deer always get them. Last year they toyed with me. They let them get about a foot tall and just when I was thinking that I was going to have some sunflowers BAM the damn deer ate every last one of them in one night. :pissed:

·
Registered
899 Posts
A little trick to keep the deer away......Go to your local barber shop and ask them for the hair that they sweep up. Spread the hair around the perimeter of your field. The deer will smell the human scent and leave it alone. We use this trick for a small patch of pheasant habitat that we planted.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Speaking of doves. What is the other kind of dove besides morning dove. I'm watching one right now feeding at my bird feeder all of 5 feet away. They are much lighter in color and have a black collar. I just can't think of the name of them. :help:

·
Registered
204 Posts
We call 'em ring-necked dove, not sure if that is the proper name or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.