Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i don't know anything about the 391, but i have a sbe , had about 3 years it's a good all around gun , some people said they had trouble shooting light loads , i shoot everything from dove,sporting clays,turkeyloads,to goose loads i have never had it to jam,or freeze up ......good luck !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had my SBE so full of water that the whole recoil spring was full, and it still shot. It sprayed water everywhere, but still worked great. As long as your firing pin can hit the shell, it doesn't matter at all whats in your sbe as long as its lubricated!!! Thats whats so great about them.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have a 391, and love it. It is noticably heavier than an SBE. All my buddies shoot SBEs, and they love em. I like my Xtrema. It suits my duck/goose and turkey hunting needs. Paint wore off around areas you touch alot, but my gun saw probably 100+ days afield from september to early may ( i hunt almost every day).I would seriously think about getting a 3 in gun though. You can save money, and 3.5 in shells are way overrated. I have owned a 391 since they first came out, and rarely need to shoot a 3.5 in shell. Kill most of my birds with a 2.75 shell. Get em close and it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went through the same two choices end ended up on the Extrema over the SBE2.

What finally did it for me was taking into consideration how well my 20g. AL391 has been as an upland and target gun and deciding to stick to the same family.

I typically use nothing but 3.5" steel for ducks and felt, having had an oporutnity to shoot the two side by side, that the Extrema had a slight edge on recoil reduction. I don't mind cleaning a shotgun once in a while so the need to clean a gas gun more often doesn't bother me.

Judging from what I've seen among my friends, the truth is you can't go wrong with any gun either Beretta or Benelli makes. Both are great choices- and if you're like me and still like the tiny payload advantage of 3.5" shells both are probably the top guns out there.

Good luck!

Brent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts