Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had water in the stock of my x2 i guess all duck season and now i can hardly get it to cycle. think it has rusted a spring or something in the stock. i can clean it and after a couple shots when i put another shell in and push the button i have to push it forward

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i have never had the stock off, guess i should get the book out on that one. ever heard of using graphite instead any kind of lube on the action??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Definitely disassemble the recoil spring assembly & clean...on the lube, I would check w/ Winchester on whether these are designed to run dry or lubed. I know on the Benellis the recoil spring assy is made to run dry.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Its pretty easy. Take a phillips screwdriver, spit on the shaft of it (to keep it from tearing the rubber on your pad), and run it through the holes on your buttpad. Take off the buttpad, then take a deep socket (I think its 3/4) and remove the retaining nut that holds the stock on, which will leave your spring tube. There'll be a plastic plug in the back end of the tube. Depress it with a flat screw driver and pull out the retaining pin. BE CAREFUL, because the spring is under pressure and will fly out the end if you don't keep a handle on it. Pull the spring out, clean it, and LIGHTLY lube it with something lighter than RemOil. Put it back together and you should be ready to go.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
That spring needs to be kept clean and no rust. Guys wonder why their action slows down--that is why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.