Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I shot a nice drake pintail in canada this year but Gracie (the dog) pulled out the long tail featers on the retrieve.Does anyone have some they could send me? Can't get the bird mounted without them. I would greatly appreciate some help on this . THANKs STEELHEAD49 :)

·
Banned
13,056 Posts
steelhead49 said:
I need some help. I shot a nice drake pintail in canada this year but Gracie (the dog) pulled out the long tail featers on the retrieve.Does anyone have some they could send me? Can't get the bird mounted without them. I would greatly appreciate some help on this . THANKs STEELHEAD49 :)
Know what, Steelhead49? When I read this I was pulling out feathers and measuring them to give you an idea of whether you wanted them or not. Then I saw your post count. Why does anyone think their first post on this site should be to ask favors? You may be the best guy in the world, but we don't know you. Would you go down the street to a complete stranger and ask to borrow his lawnmower? Don't you have any acquaintances, buddies, you can ask? Hang around for a while, be a part of the comraderie here, then you would be welcome to ask a favor. First post? Fuhgeddaboutit.

·
Banned
13,056 Posts
slowshooter said:
Sting operation foiled.

Please return to base. :lol3:
You've got me curious Slow, would this fall under some legal statute? I know selling game products is illegal, but giving them away?

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
You can't give away birds unless you do the paperwork for them. The person you give them to would have to not go over possession limits either.

If you were to send out 12 tail feathers and they weren't connected to one bird butt - the Feds wouldn't be able to tell if it came from one bird or 12. They would assume that since it wasn't connected to one butt that it would be likely be from separate birds and no court would argue with them.

So, you would get in trouble for possession as well.

That's how it was explained to me, on either side of the Canadian border.

·
Banned
13,056 Posts
slowshooter said:
You can't give away birds unless you do the paperwork for them. The person you give them to would have to not go over possession limits either.

If you were to send out 12 tail feathers and they weren't connected to one bird butt - the Feds wouldn't be able to tell if it came from one bird or 12. They would assume that since it wasn't connected to one butt that it would be likely be from separate birds and no court would argue with them.

So, you would get in trouble for possession as well.

That's how it was explained to me, on either side of the Canadian border.
Wow. What's steelhead49's address? I'm going to pay a little late night visit! Aluminum baseball bat in hand! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
77,177 Posts
Glimmerjim said:
duckman27 said:
2004? :lol3:
Whoa!!! I never noticed that! How did that pop up on recent posts?
spammer probably bumped it with a spam post, then when it got moved to the spam folder, the thread remained at the top....

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Pretty sure it does not work that way with just feathers. You can have as many tail feathers as you want and not count towards any possession limit. Pretty sure you can even sell them for fly tying and to stuff pillows? I'd have to double check that though. But anyways, having 100 mallard curls or sprigs is nothing to worry about.

if he has 100 still attached to birds, it would be another issue :fingerpt:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Tail feathers will be the new currency after the economic collapse.

Gon' make it rain up in here!!!

·
Administrator
77,177 Posts
JustinNH said:
Pretty sure it does not work that way with just feathers. You can have as many tail feathers as you want and not count towards any possession limit. Pretty sure you can even sell them for fly tying and to stuff pillows? I'd have to double check that though. But anyways, having 100 mallard curls or sprigs is nothing to worry about.

if he has 100 still attached to birds, it would be another issue :fingerpt:
you can not legally sell the feathers from wild waterfowl. It is against the law. tame birds-no problem....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts