Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to attend this clinic?

Overview:
You will learn the physics of duck calls, how they work, how and when to tune a call. Everyone from novices to experts will learn from this class, practicing a variety of simple exercises and drills. Learning how to "talk" to ducks will be demonstrated, along with information and tips on duck calling competitions. THIS IS A HANDS ON WORKSHOP.

Curriculum:
Types of calls in use
Plastic reed-Arkansas Style
Metal reed-calls of Tennesee
The physiology of calls and the caller
Call construction and parts
Why a call works or doesn't work
What is required to make it play
The physics of call operation
The physics of the call and the caller and how they must balance each other

What to bring:
You are encouraged to bring: sharp scissors, razor knife, and a note book to take your notes.

What you will learn:
How to control pressure and air stream velocity
Proper lip, tongue, and finger positions
Correct breathing techniques
How to produce hi-hard, clean, and crisp notes
Imitating the feeding chuckle
Cleaning and adjusting your call
Call tuning
Plus much more

*All levels of callers should attend*

Cost: $125.00 per person
Price includes: 1-Taylor Talker Call, Continental Breakfast, Coffe,Sodas,Water, and Lunch
Make Checks Payable to: Taylor Talkers
A $50.00 deposit is required to hold your seat. The class is limited to 20 students.

Date/Time: April 17,2005
9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Where: MOORE-N-MOORE SPORTING CLAYS
12651 N. Little Tujunga Cyn Rd., San Fernando, CA

For More Information:
Pat Moore (818) 890-4788
Andy Cacciatori Hm# (661) 269-2385
cell# (310)628-2747

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I attended the class with Troy Taylor today and was very satisfied with the results. The acryrlic call you get with the class was worth showing up for , but the best was the instruction. Last year was my first year hunting and I was very disappointed with my calling ability. This class put me a long ways ahead of where I started this morning. I'm confident I will now be able to call in ducks instead of bust them whenever I try calling. Troy is the man The class alone was worth every penny. If this class comes around again this year don't miss out!. He said he'd try to get one in before September. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
What'd you socal guys start? Chris in your class from up here's already got one lined up and full for the Bay Area. We got lucky enough to get on it as it filled in about an hour. Somethin tells me Troys gonna be hangin out in CA a little more often. :thumbsup:

Rel Atwood

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
worknem
I guarantee that you'll not regret attending that class. Everyone from the guy just starting duck hunting to advanced callers will learn something. After the first three hours I was amazed at how much I progressed. I'm sure you'll all have a great time at this clinic.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm probably a little late to the topic. Has the clinic already gone off? if so, is there going to be another one.

I'm in the bay area, also not affraid to drive a little.

·
Registered
612 Posts
ACE: From what I understand the class is full with several on a stand-by list. Maybe the possibility of coordinating a second class while Troy is down here?
So far it's slated to be sometime in Aug and will prolly be at Hastings Island Preserve in the delta.
I'll see if I can get the guy that's organizing to post here about it.

Rel Atwood

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
thank a bunch, i will let you know if i get in.

and your right, who want to hunt with an ugly dog?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.