Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw 25 teal in a beaver pond on 9/7. I was bream fishing an old beaver pond in the panhandle. Maybe we'll have a decent early season this year! :lol:

G

·
CANEMAN said:
I saw 25 teal in a beaver pond on 9/7. I was bream fishing an old beaver pond in the panhandle. Maybe we'll have a decent early season this year! :lol:
:when does your season start?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our season starts 9/20 and ends 9/25. My hunting partner and I scouted for ducks this morning and saw approx. 20 woodies and 15 blue wings. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
CANEMAN said:
Our season starts 9/20 and ends 9/25. My hunting partner and I scouted for ducks this morning and saw approx. 20 woodies and 15 blue wings. :)
we had a good day today,lots of woodies,a few mallards,had six pintales land in the decoys,to bad there not in season.there were a lot of teal moving down the river today,looked like a flight day.you have a pretty short season,ours goes from 9/6 to 9/21.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MRDUKSMAN: Oh what I would give to see mallards and pintails this time of year. In the Florida panhandle we're lucky to see them at the end of our season. Our regular season usually comes in the Saturday before Thanksgiving and ends on Jan. 20. We bag woodies,ringnecks,teal,gadwalls and a few widgeon until things get nasty up north. After that you still can't count on many big ducks. Thanks for the reply. :)

G

·
OPENING DAY LAST SATURDAY, 9-13. SAW THREE GOT TWO. VERY FEW BIRDS. IT WAS REPORTED THAT SUNDAY WAS A GOOD DAY, BUT WE DID NOT GO.

HUNTED DURING THE WEEK BUT NO LUCK. VERY FEW BIRDS IN NORTH WEST LOUISIANA. HOWEVER, SOME GOOD SHOOTING WAS REPORTED ALONG THE RED RIVER.
OUR SEASON OPENS TOO LATE. MOST OF THE BIRDS HAVE ALREADY PASSED US BY. SEASON SHOULD OPEN IN AUGUST INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER. BUT THEN SOUTH LOUISIANA MAY MISS A FEW BIRDS AND THE FISH AND WILDLIFE AGENCY COULD NOT ALLOW THAT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hunted on 9/20 &9/21. My partner and I limited on woodies both days. We didn't see any teal on Saturday but saw around 50 Sunday. Our waders would not allow us to get to where the ducks wanted to be. The birds must have been using this pond for a while because they didn't circle. They came in and sat down in the middle. Very disappointing. :(

G

·
CANEMAN said:
I hunted on 9/20 &9/21. My partner and I limited on woodies both days. We didn't see any teal on Saturday but saw around 50 Sunday. Our waders would not allow us to get to where the ducks wanted to be. The birds must have been using this pond for a while because they didn't circle. They came in and sat down in the middle. Very disappointing. :(
Hey, guys ...we slayed them this weekend. Was at the refudge (Central, Fla.) and spoke with the game warden and just about everyone slayed them!!!! Its gonna be good bluewings are up 1.4 million this year Yeepie!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts