Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sneak hunt some myself when days are tough but when im sneaking some geese in a field i dont appreciate who ever drives a black dodge from east prairie shootings 22's at the geese im crawling after. especially when I see the bullets hitting the ground 30 yrds away from me. that's why I stood up and ran at you, if I would have gotten to my truck and caught up with u after u sped off I would of beat you senseless or had a shoot out I was so mad because you could have easily killed me.

On the other hand most birds seem to be still filtering south with this weird weather. :huh: we have been killin about 5 or 6 birds each trip but its alot of work to do that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't know much about your altercation but I suppose I'd be a tad upset myself.

As to the geese.....they've sure been in the air tonight. Was outside from 8:30-9:00 and probably saw 5 flocks fly over, most with 200-300 birds in them, and every time I went out after that some would pass overhead within 5 minutes. All heading WNW. Pretty cool when a big flock passes under a full moon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I understand that you are upset that you were fired upon, but how do you know the individuals from east prairie? Also do you know that the individual is a member of this forum? You address your blog audiance as if you are speaking directly to the individual that was firing the shots at you. If you were able to describe the truck that fired at the geese I might be able to help you identify the individual. Someone comes to mind!! Was you sneaking on geese on a private field or conservation?

·
Registered
185 Posts
People like these are those who give hunters a bad name. It is truly a sad world that some people would rather take a short cut to harm others.

Did you happen to get a good look at those plates?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I have seen the truck before in ep and the warden checked me later that day while I was decoying and I told him about it and he said he thought the guys where from east prairie because he had some reports of someone doing this from there. No offense to you if u live in EP. I was sneakin on some birds before i went to a private field we had permission to hunt. I didnt get hurt so it's over but it could of easily turned out the other way. Im sure they didnt know i was crawling in the field but it made me mad and im sure it would u to.... went to ten mile today and they are only holding a couple thousand. killed 2 birds. also seen 20-25 canvasbacks near cpool

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I know a local guy that drives a truck like you described if it was short wheel based and 2 wheel drive. He has been in trouble with the conservation department major with over harvesting on ducks turkey and poaching of deer, I actual think his license may have been taken away. Yea, I have sceen the canvasbacks. It kills me, didnt see any on the area all year and after season, you see all the ducks you dream of killin.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
when stalkin a field i highly suggest that you place out by the road that signs stating that there is a hunter present in the field. would also suggest this when hunting in fields that are near roads and you got decoys out. the world is full of stupid people and anything that you can do to make them not so stupid the better. me personally that'd be a dead man if i saw him again. he already shot at you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Avery Outdoors website has a story about a gut that was shot in the head and killed by someone with a 22 from the road while laying in his layout blind. Check it out at averyoutdoors.com. More and more of this keeps going on. It seems to happen a lot un here in noth east Mo. I hope I,m the one to catch them someday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.