Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently live in Lufkin Texas, but I just got a job down in South Houston. Any one have any decent affordable leases around the Houston area? I have Googled some, but I would like to hear from you guys... Any suggestions?

· Premium Member
753 Posts
How are you coming along with this search?

If you have found some options/availability that is a great foundation.
But 'decent' and 'affordable' in the same sentence AND double adjectives...
We can't say what is affordable to the next guy or what is even considered decent...
Hopefully you find something that fits good for you on both fronts and you get to enjoy the coast as I have experienced it through the years.

I would share this... I love the coast and I'm betting you will also once settled in.
Some people feel the green heads are kings. We get a few and they are a novelty to us, but man the bull sprig or a redhead, a canvasback, a full plumage smiling mallard, I could go on and on... the mixed bag on the coast is king IMHO. How many folks in TX get Mergansers, Ruddy's and Scaup, Widgeon all in the same day! The coastal Texas marshes and prairies!

We had so many Pintail this year we had to sit and watch the show just waiting for something 'else' to come in (and it was a wonderful show to have repeat tickets to).

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DoubleBayou said:
How are you coming along with this search?

If you have found some options/availability that is a great foundation.
But 'decent' and 'affordable' in the same sentence AND double adjectives...
We can't say what is affordable to the next guy or what is even considered decent...
Hopefully you find something that fits good for you on both fronts and you get to enjoy the coast as I have experienced it through the years.

I would share this... I love the coast and I'm betting you will also once settled in.
Some people feel the green heads are kings. We get a few and they are a novelty to us, but man the bull sprig or a redhead, a canvasback, a full plumage smiling mallard, I could go on and on... the mixed bag on the coast is king IMHO. How many folks in TX get Mergansers, Ruddy's and Scaup, Widgeon all in the same day! The coastal Texas marshes and prairies!

We had so many Pintail this year we had to sit and watch the show just waiting for something 'else' to come in (and it was a wonderful show to have repeat tickets to).
Is this public land you are hunting on the coast? I've been looking into a lot of the wma's around south Houston and they seem to have a good amount of waterfowl compared to the wma's here.

· Premium Member
753 Posts
I hunt on family lands.
Usually put in 1 good hunt on public land each year. Many in my family hunt Hurst or Matagorda areas very regularly but usually it's during the week. I live in DFW so when I go down on the weekend I'm going home and don't want to fight the crowds so I go where I know my blinds are and where the birds are that week.

They do great on the public hunts, so much so that if I was back living there I would be right with them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.