Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you don't have them don't buy them. Biggest mistake I ever made. Make the body of the spread with rags and then put more realistic decoys (pretty much any other decoys) around the outside. Put your best decoys (fullbodies) in the kill hole so they will be the last thing that they see.

I am investing in Northwinds. Rags rip out easily and may only last a season or two. I have already thrown some away. Northwinds are the way to go.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
ks_waterfowler said:
If you don't have them don't buy them. Biggest mistake I ever made. Make the body of the spread with rags and then put more realistic decoys (pretty much any other decoys) around the outside. Put your best decoys (fullbodies) in the kill hole so they will be the last thing that they see.

I am investing in Northwinds. Rags rip out easily and may only last a season or two. I have already thrown some away. Northwinds are the way to go.
:withstupid: Nothwinds are the way to go, the only plus side to texas rags are they are cheap and they get you numbers in your spread fast.

·
Registered
962 Posts
well to start with rag are mostly used when "big" snow goose hunting. most of the time ol' dark geese (canadas) are to smart... if you are maily going to be hunting them then yes silos are a good (cheaper) sub. for fullbodies if you are just stating out and need numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.