Duck Hunting Forum banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
25,302 Posts
lil dinamo said:
A well educated people with the ability to think critically is not in their interests.
When you are the party of the poor, prosperity undermines your base.

Their actions clearly demonstrate that they want a large and growing base.

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
Well, no doubt that will improve life in the Shidt Hole previously known as Portland. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

You get what you vote for, and I can assure you the enlighten leftist think this is a wonderful development. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

No reason to hurt the feelings of those budding antifa and blm terrorists. :no:

·
Registered
25,302 Posts
Rat Creek said:
Well, no doubt that will improve life in the Shidt Hole previously known as Portland. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
My guess is that since they stopped doing in person education, the gap between the children of the parents who work to ensure their kids got a good education and the children of the parents who let the schools do as they please, this gap went from large to massive. The first group getting maybe 75% of the education they would have gotten and the other group getting -25% of what they would have gotten. The first group improving over the previous year, just less than they would have. The other group having done nothing but screw off during this time went backwards.

And given the sad reality of the current state, the first group is the rich white/Asian folks. They got to be rich because their married and involved parents cared about their education and other factors that lead to success which they passed on to the next generation and so on. The second group does not value education just like the single parent whose house they lived in did not value education and they passed it on. The first groups just happens to be disproportionately white and even more so Asian. The second group just happens to be disproportionately black. Well, I say just happens to be, but it didn't just happen to be. It is exactly this papering over the problem by giving fraudulent grades and diplomas and other wise, the liberals holding minorities to much lower standards than they do their own children.

Which sports team is more successful, the one held to the highest standards or the lowest? Why is education any different? :huh: Obviously, it is not. If failure is not an option, failure will be far more likely to be the outcome.

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
Maybe, but I think you are over-thinking this. :yes: Leftist generally HATE accountability. :no: As I work for an academic assessment company, we are wondering if the Creepy Joe Education Department will nuke accountability. Trust me. We have lobbyists working to keep some level of accountability from the Fed. :rolleyes:

The left love to measure intentions, not results, so to do away with accountability is just enlightened and caring. I do not think they thought any deeper than that. :oops:

·
Registered
25,302 Posts
Why now?

It may have just been something they always wanted and thought they could sneak it through.

I think now is because of terrible fear of results they saw. The failure of their intentions to produce positive results.

Their intentions almost always produce negative results. They can't be held accountable for that, so they must not measure results.

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
Could be the haves and have-nots as you describe, but I am also certain they have been given a wink and a nod from the Fed that their funding will not be cut by saying goodbye to accountability. They will put forth some kind of "alternative" accountability method probably based upon the ever stupid grade point average where everyone gets an A. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,302 Posts
I would be completely shocked if the gap between students whose parents care and those they didn't didn't dramatically expand during this pandemic. Of course, the left will not want this to get out. They have no interest in pushing back against the unions to help educate the kids.

This is from over a year ago.
https://time.com/5810503/coronavirus-achievement-gap-schools/
The Oregon department of education told schools that if they implemented distance learning, it must be accessible to all students, including those without Internet access or computers and those with special-education needs. "You cannot open a 'brick-and-mortar' school in Oregon unless it is accessible to every student in their school district. The same rules apply to an online school," Marc Siegel, spokesperson for the Oregon department of education, said in an email. "Online learning in a school district cannot be implemented with an 'access for some' mindset."
Because after all, it is better of no kids learns than to have some of them learn :fingerhead:

If they carried this out, they probably do have something to hide.

These people are truly :censored: insane.

No idea about their credibility, but it confirms my beliefs so it must be true.
https://texas2036.org/posts/tracking-covid-learning-loss/

July 27, 2021 - McKinsey & Co: COVID-19 and education: The lingering effects of unfinished learning

Students testing in 2021 were about ten points behind in math and nine points behind in reading compared with matched students in previous years.
Unfinished learning through the pandemic exacerbates historical inequities, especially for Black students.
Parents reported increases in mental health conditions and concerning behaviors in their children.
Absenteeism among students in eighth through 12th grade increased significantly during the pandemic.
The economic gap caused by pandemic-related unfinished learning adds to existing racial achievement gaps in the United States.

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
I would be completely shocked if the gap between students whose parents care and those they didn't didn't dramatically expand during this pandemic.
I absolutely agree. I was only addressing their motivation. I think their woke-ism is more powerful than their acknowledgment or concern about minority students falling behind. Minority students (black and Hispanic) are expected by the left to do poorly. It is NOT a concern that gets anything more than lip service. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,302 Posts
Rat Creek said:
Minority students (black and Hispanic) are expected by the left to do poorly.
Everything they say and do is premised on the inferiority of these groups.

ID for voting. Cant do it because blacks and Hispanics are incapable of even getting an ID. If you can't get an ID and show up on time to vote, what can you do in a modern society? Pay bills on time? Show up to work on time? Get an ID to do just about anything including get a job?

I love reading Thomas Sowell. There have been a number of incredibly successful black schools. Did the liberals model all other schools after them? Nope, they destroyed them. Glad we have such final caring journalists in America.

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
Things are getting insane out there. Just a couple of election cycles ago, Australia was a freedom loving country, but then they took a hard left turn. Just like back in December when we laughed at the prospects of having to show your papers, it has gotten much, much worse than that.

Meanwhile in Australia: Premier Says Only the Vaccinated Will Be Able to Participate in Future Economy
That is not a headline from the Babylon Bee or The Onion. :mad:
Only the vaxed will be free
"Currently the Australian state of Victoria has the most severe restrictions in the country, with residents its most populous city of Melbourne living under a 9PM-5AM curfew." The virus only comes out after 9pm. Everyone knows that.

"Victoria Premier Dan Andrews has a plan to make them even worse, effectively “locking out” the unvaccinated from public life. Says that when the current blockade is lifted, the unvaccinated will basically be banned from public life. “There will be a vaccinated economy, and you can participate in it if you are vaccinated,” Andrews said.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Things are getting insane out there. Just a couple of election cycles ago, Australia was a freedom loving country, but then they took a hard left turn. Just like back in December when we laughed at the prospects of having to show your papers, it has gotten much, much worse than that.

Meanwhile in Australia: Premier Says Only the Vaccinated Will Be Able to Participate in Future Economy
That is not a headline from the Babylon Bee or The Onion. :mad:
Only the vaxed will be free
"Currently the Australian state of Victoria has the most severe restrictions in the country, with residents its most populous city of Melbourne living under a 9PM-5AM curfew." The virus only comes out after 9pm. Everyone knows that.

"Victoria Premier Dan Andrews has a plan to make them even worse, effectively “locking out” the unvaccinated from public life. Says that when the current blockade is lifted, the unvaccinated will basically be banned from public life. “There will be a vaccinated economy, and you can participate in it if you are vaccinated,” Andrews said.

It's science. :rolleyes:

(((Sarc)))

·
Administrator
77,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
My University Sacrificed Ideas for Ideology. So Today I Quit.

"It has transformed a bastion of free inquiry into a Social Justice factory whose only inputs were race, gender, and victimhood and whose only outputs were grievance and division."
Students at Portland State are not being taught to think. Rather, they are being trained to mimic the moral certainty of ideologues. Faculty and administrators have abdicated the university’s truth-seeking mission and instead drive intolerance of divergent beliefs and opinions. This has created a culture of offense where students are now afraid to speak openly and honestly.

·
Administrator
77,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Call 911 on Criminal of Color, Get Fined

Under California-style anarchotyranny, you had better think twice before calling 911 to report a criminal. If the evildoer is a hated Caucasian, all is well and good. But if the scofflaw is a sacred BIPOC and you are not, the authorities may regard you as the transgressor; you could face a heavy fine.

I only wish this were from the Babylon Bee rather than Hot Air:

Out in Santa Cruz County, California, the Board of Supervisors has passed a new municipal ordinance involving 911 calls. They want residents to know that they are free to call the emergency services line if they see something suspicious, but if it involves a person of color, the caller may wind up getting hit with a fine of up to $1,000.

·
Registered
13,934 Posts
Dang. That is impressive. One of my hunting partners does fire proofing for the airline industry and lithium batteries are the nemesis because they cannot be extinguished. They have to just burn out. The engineering challenge becomes, can you contain the fire long enough for the plane to get to a runway, but the battery containment vessel cannot be super heavy because after all, its a plane.

Over land, that is one problem, but if flying over an ocean, that is a whole nuther nightmare.

·
11,969 Posts
It won’t matter since were expendable. It’s those special people like Kerry get to fly in their gulf streams that must be saved.

·
Administrator
77,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
121 - 140 of 148 Posts