Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an e-mail from my wife's cousin who I hunted with last year in MS. He is starting grad school in southern Illinois, studying the spring migration patterns of ducks. The school is supplying him with a permit, heavishot, and a boat to go and "collect" 50 specimens of female mallards, bw teal, ringnecks, and a few other species. It must suck. He is supposed to be examining their stomach contents or something like that, but regardless he is getting to duck hunt now! :salude: I'm jealous :pissed:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
man, i couldn't ever be that lucky. i was usually assigned what i had to do projects on and it was, more times that not, nothing i had any interest in.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
:withstupid: I think most of us fell into that catagory. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I did my science fair project once on techniques and lure presentation on large mouth bass. Got 3rd place, I guess the judge was a outdoorsman. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
883 Posts
I raised Bobwhite Quail for a school project. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I measured the lasting affect of removing 1 or both ovaries of female rats over a 4 week period.

1. Sergically removed ovaries
2. Wait 4 weeks and care for rats
3. Gas them in a plastic bag with CO2
4. Cut them open and see the effects.

Pretty nasty rats really stink! Much worse than a cadaver.

I would much rather do the duck killing

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know why they have to shoot hens. I guess they are only studying hens. He didn't give me the class syllabus.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.