Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The perfect hunting wife. They are hard to find but they are out there. I have come up with a list that identifies when you have found one. If she has done more than three of the following, you are a lucky guy.

•Knows and buys your favorite camo pattern clothing for you.
•She wants you to get a deer because she loves venison.
•She says; "why are you sitting on your butt instead of hunting?"
•She watches OLN with you.
•She owns her own pistol, rifle, or shotgun. Or she has shot all of yours.
•She says; "I don't want a stupid lap dog. Let's get a Lab."
•She says; "That duck is beautiful, it would great on the wall."
•She asks you; "I am going to the store, do you need any shotgun shells?"
*If any of her friends say; "You let him shoot Bambi?" And she replies; "hell yeah...that is good eating."
•She looks online for wild game recipes.
•She says; "would you please go run the dogs, they are driving me crazy."
•She says; "let's look into buying a hunting camp."
•She has looked at the new Cabela's more than you have.
•She wants you to go fishing because she wants Walleye.
•You are on the road, she sees a Pro Bass shop and wants to stop and look.
•She knows where your choke tubes are when you forgot where you put them.
•She says; "I want you to go hunting because I see how happy it makes you."
•She loves animals and hates P.E.T.A.
•She asks you questions about your guns and hunting because she actually cares and wants to know.
•She has bought her own camo jacket and or pants and does not hunt. (Or maybe she does)

Now if you are lucky enough to have found this woman know this, you will have to give back. Listen up youngsters. When she wants to go shopping and wants you with her...you better be there. (If you go to Wal-Mart she will spend time with you in the hunting section) When she wants the bedroom furniture moved around...do it. When she wants to spend time with you, love it. If you have an inkling that she wants or needs something...you better be right on top of it. Or at least make up for it afterwards because you were thinking about new decoys. Hold this woman close, because she is the best friend you will ever have. And you should treat her the same way. Even if it means thinking about blowing your brains out at the Hallmark store she dragged you into. Keep it to yourself and give her a smile when she shows you a porcelain dolphin she thinks is cute. Hold strong...you will be hunting soon enough.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Mine got several of those down no questions asked. And yes I say yes dear sure dear all the time. In return I hunt and get stuff all the time. :getdown:

·
1,459 Posts
I can say truthfully that only two things on that list don't apply to my wife,the rest describes her perfectly!! :mrgreen:
And you are correct,whatever she needs she gets!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
The only thing mine wont do is pick up any shot shells, not cause she does not want to but does not want to buy the wrong type.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Trust me I do what she wants when she wants, that is except when we are hunting fishing or camping. Could not ask for more!!

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Mine does the finished plucking after I get all the big and most of the feathers off and dip it in the hot water and then soaks them in iced salted water and vacum seals them for me.

Oh, I forgot to add she is my beer drinking buddy too. Sittin' out in the yard with a few keystones. :salude:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
KS- hunt all you can while your in school. I used to get rid of my girl when it came hunting season when I was in school. If I didn't she wouldnt see me for four months. There is time later for women!

That said my fiance got at least 4 of those! haha

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
98, you reminded me of something. A hunting buddy of mine that I work with was telling me about a woman he was seeing. He deer hunts PA,OH and NY. He saves all his vacation for hunting season. Well this chick he was going out with was starting to demand more time with him. Hunting season started and she was trying her best to do something with him on Saturdays. He told her from the get-go, when it is hunting season...that is what he did. That still did not stop her from pleading and whining. She thought they could go shopping one Monday that she knew he had off.
That Monday was the first day of deer season.

Then came the questions..."Why do you want to kill innocent animals?''
"Do you know how cruel that is?" "Why do you want to go duck hunting when you can spend time with me?" He finally gave her the AX. And I am glad cuz I got sick of hearing about it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My wife has about 5 of those, and to be honest I'm OK with the fact that she doesn't want to hunt. We have outdoorish borders on the walls and the antler chandelier, and she wants those quail lamps they sell in Cabela's (the duck border is in the hallway :smile: ).

However, the best thing is when she knows I'm going hunting she'll make a thermos of coffee for me, or have a meal waiting, or ask me how I did, or tell her friends and relatives how I did (not bragging, just coversation). During hunting season she'll plan her day around my activites. She'll invite friends over for a game dinner.

In a nutshell, she accepts me and my interests, and that's what's important :thumbsup:

And, of course, I accept her and hers...even if it means a day or two looking at window treatments :help:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'm pretty lucky with my girlfriend. She might not meet the criteria on the list exactly, but she does enjoy getting outside with me and the dog. She came along with me upland hunting last wednesday and took pictures with a new digital camera she got for Christmas. Got some real good pics. She also went out shooting some clays with me and she ended up getting a personal lesson with Willis Corbett, which was awesome. She says she wants to buy her own 20 gauge so she can do more than take pictures next time and also wants to get in the duck blind with me next year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.