Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A coworker just got a call from a game warden from the Squaw Lake / Bowsting area. Apparently THOUSANDS of ringbills and bluebills showed up in the area overnight. Just in time for the end of the season! I'm sure glad I had the opportunity to shoot NO DUCKS a week early this year. What would you rather hunt - a handful of tame, dock fed mallards in September, or huge flocks of northern divers in November? IDIOCY!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I would like to see a split season choice for the MN hunters. Meaning you have a Choice of option A which runs continuously for the entire season or Option B which has a 12 day split in Oct. give the hunters the CHOICE-do not mandate one or the other onto the hunters. This would keep everybody happy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ya I live in Southern MN and I went out to Scout for a field for next weekend and i saw about a thousand mallards on roost. Then later I saw flock after flock I mean hundreds if not thousands more flying over Haward and head south and meet up wth them and feed with them if was the most ducks I've seen in this area all year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...we drove through Bemidji. Lake Bemidji - right by the hwy on the southern shore - had at least 1000 ducks and geese sitting on it. Oh well, we'll get 'em next year.

·
Registered
976 Posts
didn't we say that last year??? owww man..........

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, I've seen the divers and geese on Lake Bemidji, they come every year when it starts getting colder and i have not checked since last week, there was no ice at all but maybe there is some ice now, will check later today :getdown: waiting for ice fishin season :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.