Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent most of the day yesterday in hospital with Kidney Stone Attack. Not much fun, Got 2 of the little buggers in the right kidney. Too bad the only thing there good for is a lot of pain. Hope none of you ever experiance them.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
my dad had to deal with them. from what he went through, they definitely SUCK! i hope it ends better for you than it did him...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the encouragement especially C-Dubb & Sharpshtr. You guys are really helpful :toofunny: Anyway these are not the first stones I have had but it doesn't get any easier with practice. Sort of like some guys wing shooting!!! :yes:
They gave me the super asprin Torodal (spelling) Novo-Ketorolac To take for the pain at home. In the emerge they started an IV and shot me up with morphine(spelling) I hate how it makes my throught and chest tighten up but it does relieve the pain. :thumbsup: I guess if I start to pass one when I'm duck hunting I'll let them get in real close and pee at them the stones might strike one dead if my aim is on. :laughing: I guess I should wear my safety glasses when using the urinal to avoid getting hit in the eyes by ricochets. :eek:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been putting the liquids to me all week since the onset of the attack and as of yet have not passed any stones but am feeling a lot better until the next bought. I have had to go for the lithotripsy thing several times in the past and the Doctors tell me that they cannot see any reason for me to be producing stones as my calcium and oxilate levels are normal. Guess I'm just one of those lucky people who produce stones just cause they can. :pissed:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
My friends' dad had kidney stones, and I have to feel for you Greg. His dad had to wiz through a strainer to see if he had passed a stone or not. I was at his house one day and heard a grown man scream some god aweful death moans, and showed my friend and I the stone he had passed, and it was the size of a small grain of sand. You would have thought he was passing a golfball! Hope everything comes out (no pun intended) O.K., Pete

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Hi Greg, I'm glad to see even in pain your have kept cense of humor. That's encouraging. I've been under the weather my self with Bronchitis. I was running a fever on Sat, my wife asked if she could take my temp. I said ok, I was on the couch; she bent over me and slid a thermometer into my mouth. Feeling the size of it I spit it out yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WOMAN" that's a rectal thermometer. She was dying laughing, saying, "I hoped you wouldn't notice" She told me to chill out, it hadn't been used yet I don't know if I should believe her. Well good luck to the both of us, you for your stones, and me to survive my wife. God bless Bro.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like a woman you want on your side not against you. Some how this just dosen't sound right but you know what I meen.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
She's always doing something off the wall, but when things get down to someone having my back, I can count on her. In July it will be 25 yrs. She hasn't killed me yet even though I have given her good reasons too. By the way on Sat I saw the first flock of Canadians flying your way. Well I hope that your back to 100% soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.