Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound crazy but the place I want to hunt the most is the golf course I live by.There are so many ducks in the ponds and geese on the course it is not even funny.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
quackkiller said:
I think one of every duck hunter's dreams is to hunt a golf course. I know I'd like to. There's so many Canada's at our course, it's like a refuge. :salude:
Same here they are everywhere down on our river.
For anyone who knows what the MASTERS is, the grandaddy of the golfing tour, could you imagine going on that couse (which is located about 20 min from the house) and shooting ducks on national tv :laughing: I think it would be a hit they could show it on OLN and the golf channel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a simular problem with deer at my grandmothers place. they're everywhere in the nieghborhood but houses are about 50 ft apart all through there. the best tool is to use what my friend uses. take a 22 rifle with a scope that is accurate. laod with 22 cb's which are real small shells. when nobody is around and your aon the course pick one out and shoot him in the head. i promise this will work for about 30 yrds and its very quiet. try one out and see for your self. good luck. :yes: ps. try to find the ones with bands by using binoculars. :toofunny:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Actually it can be good hunting. If there are no city restrictions on shooting and good place to hunt. At times you can gain access to them. But generally only during the week early mornings before the golfers come to play or if the course to closed for the aseason. just ask the mangaer if it is possible. I know of one GC that he allowed the early goose hunters to use a bow on the geese. City said no to shotguns, but yse to Bow and Arrow. I think they got several geese that way.-naturally they were low close shots whith a safe area where the arrow could land. that GC Manager about a 2 weeks earlier was riding his golf cart and shooting the geese with a 410 to scare them off-he killed 2 with 1 shot as they were all standing alert as he approached--lead 6 shot does indeed kill them geese if hit in the head. Nothing like breaking many laws at a time... out of season, lead shot, shooting from a moving vehicle... :laughing: I think he was getting pretty fed up with all the goose pooh all over his course... :yes:

·
Registered
450 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.