Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I hunted with a freind from HAFB, we only managed a few ducks but had a good time. I saw something when I was out that day in the behavior of the ducks that I had seen before. So on a hunch the next day I went backto an old spot with my younger brother, and I be darned we filled up in just a few hours. It was one of those hunts you dream about but that happen only once in a while. What made it best was that I was there with my bro we had not had a good shoot together in a real long time. At one time we called in a group of mallards that had maybe 30 birds in it. We We killed four out of that flock. :cool: :getdown:
It just doesn't get any better than that.
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

How have your hunts been as of late?

Are you going out one more time?

Bret

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bret,

Good hunt. Hunts like that, is what keep us going. The last couple hunts havent been the fastest shooting but we have had fun. The birds look good this time of year.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Carps right, they haven't been the fastest, but they have been fun.

However, he would have more birds if he could start to hit those 15 yard shots :laughing: . Nothing like seeing him wiff 2 shots on a gaddy that landed in the decoys :oops: . I also have to mention that the gaddy on my side didn't leave :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya well I have to admit:withstupid: I misssed a greenhead on our last duck and had to bring in another group to fill up. My brother only missed one shot I think where as I shot 15 rounds at least. And we are talking in the decoys. Pathetic, Carp what do ya say we shoot some skeet this off season? :toofunny: It won't help me anyway the only thing I do consistantly is shoot inconsistantly.
Bret

·
Registered
185 Posts
Brett, I think those gadwalls are just elusive little guys. Old Utahsprig missed one yesterday that landed in on the blocks :toofunny: he made up for it on the next couple. :hammering:

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's what I get for shooting off my mouth eh :oops: ?

Fun day yesterday, birds worked really well and the shooting was good. What Carp's not letting on is that we both managed some prime birds, I have a huge pintail and mallard in the freezer waiting to be mounted. He dropped an awesome widgeon and a good pintail (but he did pick on one little bitty girl gadwall :eek: :thumbsup: ).

Hope everyone is having a great end to the season.

Tyler

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it sounds like the last hurrah is going well. I get one more trip out, and am looking forward to it.

Boy do I have a lot to catch up on around the house. I am actually ready to get after that too, oh and the Utah state calling comps are just around the corner. So I guess it is on to the off season activities. My wife will be happy except the increased duck sounds that are happening around the house.

Bret

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bret,

I'm with ya, I have a stack of work on the house to do. I even think Ole' Carp is supposed to redo the floor in his shack (but I bet ya he gets out of it somehow :thumbsup: ).

Tyler

PS, good luck on the calling competition. I'll have to see if Carp and I can't make it this year. This is the one at the ISE right?

·
Registered
185 Posts
My wife is fairly patient with me. but she throws a party when the season is over. :smile: My chore list is a long one. She wants a new floor this year. :eek:

Bret, Good luck on the contest. Maybe I can sneak out and cheer you on. :getdown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.