Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard you can cut a car tire in half and stand them up in the field to represent geese. Has anybody heard of this or used this method sounds stange to me but does it work?

Thanks,
Jim Fraser

·
Registered
935 Posts
They used to do it 30 years ago in my area, limit was 1 per day, 5 per season. Know it wouldn't work at all now. Modern shells are used mainly as fillers in between the BigFoots, on there own they're marginal. Would add that our year round local goose population are very well educated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i have a couple dozen in the basement and thats where they seem to stay.. the tires are cut in half turned inside out and the back cornersare painted white the textured grey surface looks kinda cool and pretty genious for when they were used. but technology has long surpassed the day of spraypainted bleach bottles and whatnot sure they will work but man are they heavy...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
They used lots of them in CO as I recall, and I think they still do. Like 500+ of them mixed in with shells and FBs.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
they'll work in some areas - especially under uneducated birds - but let's give the geese a little credit and provide them with a classic decoy set......would you actually put out bleach bottles painted black for ducks!!???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.