Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 goose, 2 greenheads(which was a double) and a woodie. Great day for me, I'm happy as a lark.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man, I thought my hunt was good. that is outstanding--i'm very happy for you and your hunting buddies. where in the world are you guys seeing that many ducks? Ive gotta move to more of a centralized flyway. as soon as i get my picture back i will post it. congrats again.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
great hunt Kiln... ! Can't match that count, but I'm seeing alot of action here in NH too.

No limit on hens????? They look like mostly hen mallards? and some gadwall?

·
Registered
32 Posts
28 gadwalls, 3 mallards and a goldy (some greeheads we downed didn't make the photo shoot. We just were lucky enough to have open water when most all of the surrounding area was froze. It was an all day hunt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
HOLY COW! That is a bunch of good looking ducks. If I killed that many with all my hunting buddies, we sure would keep the folks at the ammo companies happy. Awesome job KILNDUX....you obviously know what you are doing and are damn good at it. To date three of us have killed 46 total...not too bad for us for about 8 days hunting. Keep up the good shooting gentlemen!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have had average success, nothing like that picture though. I cant believe how many more gadwalls are here than mallards. It seems like the ratio is like 5:1. Oh well, shooting is shooting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lots of Gadwall everywhere this year, saw about 600 last saturday, when we shot 5 as well as 1 pintail, 2 spoonbills, and 5 teal

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I NEED to take a gadwall!!!!!! That's a duck I have not had the fortune to take in all my years of waterfowling. I hear tales of a few taken on Great Bay in NH lately, but I have never seen one and I put in many days out there.

Again, great hunt Kiln!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thats a great hunt and i just killed my first gadwall this year...infact i got about 10 and saw alot more.....ive never seen but a couple in all the past years!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, actually three guys shooting and one behind the camera(we would take turns) . Which reminds me we have a dvd available. We sat out there pretty much all day. Open water at a premium made our hunt a little easier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Kiln its good to get shooting like that .

Im in New zealand where opening season starts first satuday in May and finishes end of July , except for some species like Canada Geese which goes through until end of March next yr.
I shot opening weekend on a lake with my young son which was very poor (9 ducks ). other weekends have only resulted in 2-4 .

Last sunday morning a friend asked us for a pond shoot on a farm, had a great day with 32 mallards and 8 grey ducks.It really gets the blood going seeing the ducks answer to the calling and come in over the decoys .My son reckons the down side of having a good morning tally is the plucking and cleaning up !!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
1 canada, 5 mallards (for of which were shot at the same time), 3 gadwalls, and 2 ringnecks, 1 duck i shot when the sun had just barely come up, and he flew over me in a field, i shot, waited a little while, went back to where he fell, feathers, wadding, more feathers, no duck, dont know where he ran off to, 4 mallards at once was when i was pond jumping

1 - 18 of 18 Posts