Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get some feedback on Tohatsu Motors. I am thinking about buying the 3.5 horsepower motor for $699 brand new from Boaters World. I would go used but I kinda like to know where my stuff has been. I was basically wanting opinions from others on the motors in question. Thanks alot

·
Registered
22 Posts
get a mercury, hard to find a tohatsu dealer to do warranty work, plus I wouldn't buy one from there, cause then you have to take it to a dealer and get it checked out so they can fill out a check list and send it in for your warranty, if you bypass this step...no warranty on your motor, same priced motors can be found at dealerships, or maybe try one of those 4stroke briggs and straton motors for the same price you can get a 5hp, i have a 3.5 merc awesome motor, I have a 25hp too and never had the first problem, plus there is someone in every town that works on mercuries... just my 02 jeff

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah As of right now I am seriously leaning towards buying a used Merc or Evinrude or something in the 4-8 Horse range from a reputable Used outboard motor dealer in my area. I may even go 9.9 since I WILL get a bigger duck boat eventually. The 12 ft mirrorcraft has worked well for me for a free boat though given to me by a friend whom retired from duck hunting at age 70.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
98ramtough said:
I would look at a 4 stroke honda, evenrude or yamaha. They are quiet and reliable. Mercs sound louder to me... They have gotten better, but still seem louder.

Mike
98 what you doing tyring to creep up on them birds with the engine on? :toofunny:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.