Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think chevys are just as reliable now as toyotas if not more reliable. My parents just traded in a 91 toyota that was starting to fall apart, it only had 140k miles on it. Any new vehicle should give you lots of miles if you take care of it. Little things like not running your tank empty everytime, driving an auto like it was meant to, not accelerating through shifts etc and regular oil/fluid/tranny/diff services will do amazing things to vehicles.

The tundra is a sweet truck also, you can't go wrong with either. I think for the price the chevy or GMC is a better deal. Speaking of GMCs those duramaxs are sure looking good... :eek:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Z71 is just a fancy sticker anymore. It doesn't mean it has any better of offroad capability. As far as offroading, I will lose a lot of offroad functionality when I trade my dodge in on a Chevy.

Hard to beat 34" tall tires and a SFA when it comes to offroad. I am not a fan of lifts. I am not a fan of chevys offroad, but they sure do ride nice on the highway. My dodge is awesome offroad, but it beats the piss out of me on the highway!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Shrp-

Chevys have IFS in the front. They do not flex as well as SFA. Chevys can BARELY tuck 285s, most rub with this tire under them. Dodge's and fords tuck larger tires and have a solid front axle in the front giving them more flex, keeping more weight evenly distributed onto the tires. Taller tires = more ground clearance. This combined with the added flex to the suspension gives you better offroad capability. Yes stupid drivers get stuck more often, but with equal drivers, the truck with the bigger tires, most clearance and flex will do better offroad. There really isn't a question there. I don't think the weight is ever really concidered when comparing full size trucks to other full size trucks. My truck weighs 7600 lbs.

This isn't meant to bash chevys. My next truck will probably be a chevy, right now I have a dodge obviously, I was just stating I would miss the offroad performance. Chevys ride nice and make a nicer family rig IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.