Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site so I hope this post came out alright.

I built myself a small duck boat several years ago to see how it would work out. Now that I'm hooked I think it is time to upgrade to a larger one so I can take out friends and such. I have seen what you guys posted here but was curious about the Tracker 1754CC model. Does anyone own one, hunted in one, ect. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to buy the boat and asemble it myself as well. As far as the motor goes, I was going to up grade to a 50hp or 60hp. That way with myself, two friends and my dog the boat would still cruise across the pond.

·
Registered
189 Posts
what's with the small motor thing, I go down on the river and see these boats like a 18' with a 125 on it or something, but when you go to buy it they wont even put a 90 on it, when you load it down won't you be goin pretty slow, some of our spots are a couple miles back and you have to be up on a plane to get there. are the new fourstrokes way better with weight than the old 2 strokes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I don't think that the 4 strokes outdo the 2's at least from what I've seen. I wonder if the boats that have the bigger motors were bought seperately or added at a later time. I didn't seem to have a problem convincing the boat sales guy to put a 90hp on the 17 footer. This should give at least a strong 33-35mph when loaded down. I do know that the price went waaaay up with the bigger motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.