Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive only heard good things about them, but does anyone have any info or comments on tracker john boats, particularly the blind ducks, or grizzlys.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My dad has a 1648 Grizzly. Not really impressed with the strength of the boat. Saw alot of flex when running in white caps. Also the sides seem steeper than any other boat that I have ever seen. Running alone with a 25 turns are alittle hairy. It seems to want to slide rather than cut into a turn. What you have to remember, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1784 Grizzly, bought it new Oct 03. I looked at many boats before I bought it (Yamaha G2, Lowe, War Eagle, etc) I really like the width and stability of the boat once I'm set up. I also like being able to shoot with 4 guys in the boat safely (plenty of room) The boat has plenty of storage space (large opening under front deck, gun/fishing rod box, 2 x storage areas in the rear, as well as a enclosed area for the fuel tank and rear battery)

It is true the boat slides on hard turns (but it is a john boat without a deep "V" so what do you expect), if you hunt swamps and low water you won't get too far with a deep "V" either.

You also get bounced a lot going through rough water (but that's what you get with a light alumium boat)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.