Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone
I have a few questions. Anyone tried to cook fowl on a traeger pellet grill? if so what recipes did you use.
Next duck season I might join a hunt club because this is going to be my first season hunting public land in Nevada and don't want to get skunked. Is it worth joining? Or is there still enough public land available? I grew up hunting in Northern California (the REAL NORTH) up on the Oregon/Cali border and then moved to Oregon. Now I am in Nevada and haven't had a chance to hunt public land here. Now that I have my truck I will be able to load up and GO.

THanks for the info,

Dan

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dmax,
Most of us hunt public ground and do OK. I'm from N.CA. and know how the hunting is. Here we have enough open hunting that a club isn't neccesary. I join Greenhead, but just get a hunting pass. you can hunt any day of the season. Mason Valley and Washoe Lake are open Wed., Sat., Sun. and state hoildays. All other water fowl areas are open all the time. We have Stillwater, Lahontan Res., Walker Lake and all the rivers to hunt. If you have a boat all the better, but it isn't needed to have a good hunt.

old duck

OOH ya, :welcome:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes even here in Southern Nevada we have plenty of opportunities to hunt on public land. Overton WMA, Kirch WMA, Ash Medows, Pharanagat WMA and I know there are a few I am leaving out. So as Duck Getter said, joining one isn not 100% necessary but it does give you another option. You should find some good waterfowl hunting, especially up north near the Stillwater area. Good luck this year!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.