Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went over to Charleston for the weekend. SC and shrp y'all have got some neat stuff in Charleston. We had limited time, because we went for a wedding, but what we saw was great. We went to the aquarium, they had a pair of hooded mergansers and a pintail hen in there so that was neat. We also saw Fort Sumter and the Hunley which are both just damn amazing. We would love to make it back sometime. :salude:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
charleston is a beautiful place. i love all of the low country salt-water marsh and coastal areas. there is also some great history there as you have already seen. you could literally spend a solid week there and not get to enjoy all of the wonderful attractions. there not your typical tourists traps though and that's what i like about them so much. if you're ever back, i recommend highly doing the carriage rides through historic district & battery, see rainbow-row, they have a supper cruise in the charleston harbor that's really nice too. most importantly, i am glad to hear you enjoyed it. it goes without saying, you're always welcome here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We did make it down to the battery and rainbow-row. I can only imagine the scene from there of the battle between the CSA soldiers at Sumter and the iron clads of the union. It had to have been a truly awesome sight. :eek:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Snafu518 said:
Don't they put palmettos in olives?
nah...those are pimentos.

dangit...i must be tired. been sitting here staring at the screen trying to think of some smart *** remark about palmettos and nothing is coming to mind.

huh..i don't have some wisecrack comback....history in the making right here boys. ya stumped me.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
gahunter: that is a "take off" on DesCartesian subjective reality. In this view of ontology, all exists because we do; w/ out us, or in the absence of anyone, all ceases to exist.
If applied to an humourous male/ female paradigm, if no woman is around to hear us - as women are the arbiters of all that is, - then how can what we men say be properly verified or judged?
I hope that this discourse has helped you to understand, & thus see the humor, in Swamp Puppy's post. :laughing: :getdown:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mark McCummins said:
gahunter: that is a "take off" on DesCartesian subjective reality. In this view of ontology, all exists because we do; w/ out us, or in the absence of anyone, all ceases to exist.
If applied to an humourous male/ female paradigm, if no woman is around to hear us - as women are the arbiters of all that is, - then how can what we men say be properly verified or judged?
I hope that this discourse has helped you to understand, & thus see the humor, in Swamp Puppy's post. :laughing: :getdown:
Holy crap! Did this website of good ol' boys and hunting folk fall into some kind of a black hole. I'm scared! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Mark...that was hilarious. As far as the sight falling into a black hole...

A scalar field is a simple form of matter which feels two forces only, gravity produced by itself, and its own pressure. If you try to build a ball in which the field is initially weak, pressure wins and the ball expands away leaving nothing behind. If the field is initially strong gravity wins and the ball collapses to form a black hole.

There is a special critical initial strength such that the field cannot decide whether to evaporate away or collapse to form a black hole. Instead it oscillates increasingly rapidly, performing an infinite number of oscillations in a finite time. The initial strengths differ only by one in the fifteenth decimal place.

So based on this evidence I would say no.

But based on the absorption lines of various posts on this site one could assume that radio recombination line emission could be a factor. Cosmic blackbody microwave radiation do to the flux of any variable might add to considerable confusion of any humor posted here. Chandrasekhar limits of the mind might add to collisional de-excitation. And thus explaining hydrostatic equilibrium and inverse beta decay. This also explains the secular parallax of palmettos in olives or not. Got all that?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Psstt. Hey dis be ole' bill....sum of yu den't no me. I sneek on snafus puters when hez out doin stuf. he hate my pet monky...rides his dogs in stuf. Wel snafu hed done explodid wit dat last poust. sos i sneeked on. i was frum da pilalotto stat at won time. wez youzed to hunt dem duks wit canonz lefet ohver fram da civle wer. weed pet dat canon nex toda swampt wit caniserz shot an blazt dem durn duks. canit getz mure rednec den dat. ut oh...snufus dogz be barkin...hez mest be hom...i gota goes befor he be pizzed ut mez.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.