Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I know this is a waterfowl forum, but I didn't know where else to go. :help:

I'm recently transferred to Ft Lewis. Is there any turkey hunting in this area? I haven't heard much about it in my travels, which has been limited to say the least. :oops:

Hope you can help. I'm already getting the DT's from duck season being over. :drool:

·
Registered
580 Posts
my best advice would be to call a WA state biologist and talk to them about turkeys. I believe the best numbers in the state are over by kettle Falls and that type of terrain but there are turkeys all over the state if you know where to look.
good luck

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Here's your hot tip... Find highway 395 in your Gazetteer and scout it from top to bottom from now until April 15th and you should have no problem filling tags... (Start with the pages farthest in the back)

:biggrin:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I hunt at the base of the Blue Mountains around Dayton, but not for turkey. There are ALOT of turkey over there though, and most of the farmers dont want them on their property. My good buddy has property over there, and they are a a pain. He would usually let anyone go hunt them, but is now stationed at Fort Leanardwood, and wont be back for a while.
Ryan

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm all about scouting, no problem. Are there areas/zones in WA where they don't allow Turkey Hunting? Or is it opened state wide? (I'm new here)

I tried accessing the web site but it says the Turkey Hunting Pamphlet was coming soon.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was reading in a Cabelas outfitter magazine today that Washington has 3 species of wild turkey - easterns on the west side, meriams concentrated in the south central, and rio grandes in the northeast. Is this a pretty good description of what someone can expect to harvest by area?

How is the hunting pressure in the northeast - especially on public land? In other words, if I go out for opener on public land am I going to get shot at by some gomer!?!?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Had 6 fly 4 feet over the top of the Land Cruiser this morning ... swear i could have grabbed the ones legs if i jumped !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.