Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone here how our season is going to go next year... Every time the experts say it'll stink, we have an awsome flight.. atleast in my parts. Well thanks in advance for any info..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean about the experts. I think it's goin to be a great season I'm already ready for it. And with all the rain we have got in my parts I have a felling it' s going to be great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep same here... we've got like3 inches this month... I know some parts in kansas got more...

Mallyard

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah we got just about 6 inches good for the waterfowl bad for the wheat tho.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey how is Chyann bottoms to hunt and how is it looking for next year I have herd some good things and some bad thing about it and was wondering what is the hunting like befor I make a trip out there.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
last2 or 3 years it's been horible duck hunting. They had a few geese, and TONS of pheasant and quail... There was just no water. But if they get lots of rain it'll be good. I hunted there like 4 years ago and it was VERY awsome hunting. You get alot of guys chuggin around in their boats jump shootin ducks. And chasing them all over the marsh.. I don't like that kind of hunting. We usually set up in the middle of the marsh where there's not to manny weeds, like a pond kinda... But that whole area is ankle high in water or more.. but most of it is a little over knee high... Well hope this info helps.... You should visit the Mcpherson Valley wetlands some time we allways have good hunting... If you ever decide to.... let me know and i'll tell you the hot spot and mabye even meet you out there.... :)

Mallyard

·
Registered
286 Posts
ok well I'll let you know if I am going to thanks for the info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ol ***** friend say, gonna be good duck season this year.... I said how ya know chief..?? He say, Many whiteman shop at cabellas for many decoy..... hehehehe

·
Registered
286 Posts
:toofunny: :yes: that is my favoret store in this state as of now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
more and more rain we got 1.53 inches yesterdasy puting the total up to 7.5 inches this mounth so far. I hope it stays wet cause right now it's looking like a good season :getdown:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Little worried here. We'll have the ducks at Flint Hills NWR, that is no problem. The only problem is that the marshes look good on the north side of the river (no hunting). The biggest problem is that there is a lot of corn for then to feed on other there. We are gonna need a ton of snow geese to get here and eat that stuff up quick so they will fly off the refuge to feed, cause few people around here hunt ducks in fields cause they can't get permission, but I have contacts.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean I hunt there a lot to it is hard to find feilds to hunt in but I think it was two years ago I asked a guy out in a field he he minded if I hunted his property and he said go right ahead so there is guy out there that will let you hunt. Hey so the marshes or both sides of the River looken good then?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Marshes are looking good, but they need to pump a couple of them to hold the teal. Have you checked out the new proposed duck season? They are thinking about Oct. 30- Jan 2 and Jan 22-30. I think that was them. They want to give us a chance at some of those late arriving mallards. Corn is the tallest I have every seen this year. Just pray for ducks boyz.

Matt

·
Registered
286 Posts
well I am praying for the ducks and I am glad the marshes are doing good I havnt been able to get up there latley and that would be an awesome season as far as I am conserened give me a chance for all those ducks that come after season.
And hey I don't know about you but I am praying evernight for those ducks. :cool: well good luck to you all on this up coming season

·
Registered
134 Posts
looks like we are going to be putting alot of miles on the trucks around here considering MVW is bone dry.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts