Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 9 mo CLF who has recently been vomiting lately.

The first two time may have been from eating some fabric (old toy) b/c there was little substance to it. Then she vomited a day or two later a full stomachs worth of food. She did this again the two days later. I think this was due to having a 'bin' style feeder for her, not sure if spaying her (2 weeks ago) would have changed her habits or the quirky weather or what. She had vomited a couple other times at night during this past week and only regurgitated a small amount of vomit. (still thinking its from eating stupid crap around the house. as I can sometimes see foreign matter in the vomit.)

Recap: 2 large vomits of mostly un-chewed food, several night time small volume vomits.

Alright with all that said and my attempt at explanations for it all what do you guys think?

I switched her over to a sensitive system adult food two days ago and she threw up again last night. (small volume 6oz? too dark outside to see if anything was in it)

She is passing food through her to her bowels i.e. pooping so I think thats a good sign.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
I'd give the Vet a call and let them in on whats going on with your dog.
I doubt it has anything to do with the spay, but I'd check it out anyway.
Better safe than sorry ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd go the vet route also!

She may have a partial intestinal blockage from eating something undigestible such as the cloth you were describing. She would stilll be able to deficate but have trouble with digestion hence the vomitting.

This can lead to very serious complications if left untreated!

Better safe than sorry! :yes:

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
CuivreDog said:
I'd go the vet route also!

She may have a partial intestinal blockage from eating something undigestible such as the cloth you were describing. She would stilll be able to deficate but have trouble with digestion hence the vomitting.
My wife had a Doberman years ago that had the same problem. This went on for about 3 months so she thought it best to take him to the Vet. It's a good thing she did because he had a Tennis Ball embedded in his large intestine. Surgery was required to remove the ball and within 3 days he was back to his normal, stupid self.

I personally have seen piles of poo that came from this Dob that we're psychedelic due to him eating a 64 count box of Crayola Crayons.

Take your dog to the Vet. I'd almost guarantee there is some kind of blockage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts