Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS IT LEGAL TO USE BRESTED,LEGGED GOOSE CARCASES FOR DECOYS. TOWARD THE END OF THE SEASON LAST YEAR IN ADDITION TO OUR SPREAD OF 20 STUFFERS, WE HAD 50-60 DEAD,FROZEN INTO POSITION,BREASTED/LEGGED GOOSE CARCASES WHOSE MEAT WE HAD EATEN THAT WE USED AS DECOYS. I CANT SEEM TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER. WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS?

·
Registered
114 Posts
here in Pa. You would have been paying a fine. It is not legal here .We have to keep anything we shoot out of site . If the wardens here are watching (and they watch alot) you need to pick up anything you shoot within about 5 minutes or get your wallet out

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Most states yes and some states no. It can vary from state to state, so you need to check with your states enforcement div of the F&G to see if it is allowed.

From a federal standpoint, yes is is legal from what I have seen permited--they allow stuffers, so essentially that is what you are doing. If in doubt, write a letter to the USFWS enforcement div and ask them. The reason for a letter is this---if another field agant says different--you can show them the letter. Just look up the USFWS in the phone book, as most states have at least 1 if not several offices and their address should be there---or use the net and google them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
H2OFOWL, REREAD THE ORIGINAL ?. I THINK YOU MISUNDERSTOOD. I'VE ALREADY "PICKED THEM UP", IN FACT I ATE THEM THUS ELIMINATING THE MEAT. THEN I USED THE CARCASS FOR A DEKE. THE ONLY THING SHORT OF A STUFFER IS THE MISSING FORM.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Here in Ca you can harvest 7 ducks a day or 14 in possession. 3 geese 6 in possession. On 4-5 day hunts possession becomes a problem. Freeze and send them home is the only option, or quit hunting. I would think that those already eaten birds are still considered part of possession here in Ca.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You know, my wife can barely stand half the crap i have strung out in the garage as it is now. Storing Duck carcasses would go over like a terd in a punch bowl!!!! :smile:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
ACEBLDRS said:
You know, my wife can barely stand half the crap i have strung out in the garage as it is now. Storing Duck carcasses would go over like a terd in a punch bowl!!!! :smile:
Yet another reason not to tye your self down!! :laughing:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pump, find the little button on your keyboard that says 'caps lock' and turn it off! I'm getting a headache from reading your posts! It isnt necessary to shout here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.