Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Ut. County goose hunters,
If anybody gets some birds patterned and needs someone to hunt with, shoot me a PM. I have a good size decoy rig and can blow a call pretty well. I have a lease on a farm up in Idaho and would be more than willing to trade a hunt with someone down here for an Idaho hunt. The only problem is that once you go North, you will never want to come back!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bret,
What's up my friend? I can't stand it that I don't have a place to hunt geese that I don't have to drive 3 hours to get to! I also go to work so early that I can't get out and scout in the mornings. I have actually enlisted my dad to go out in the mornings and see if he can find any birds around here. It just isn't like it used to be!! I will definitely be up in Idaho during that time. We had a great opener! We had 10 of our 12 birds on the ground within about 20 minutes and then let flock after flock come in so the farmers son could shoot his other 2 birds(actually, I don't think he even shot 1 bird). Give me a call anytime and we will get together. My duck calling needs a little help anyway. I talked to Cole last night and he asked about you. He wanted to know if you had won any championships this year?? I told him you have won ever contest you have entered! He thought that was really cool that a "world champion" had taught him how to duck call. Talk to you soon. Matt

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
[quoteI told him you have won ever contest you have entered! He thought that was really cool that a "world champion" had taught him how to duck call. ] :toofunny: Well one thing is for sure nothing when it comes to hunting in Utah is what it used to be, especially with geese and pheasants. Oh well no stopping the wheels of progress. The duck hunting has been great this season. I look foreward to a hunt I ussually either camp over by A.F. res or stay in Rockland either way I am up there five days a week for that month or so. They still make me come back to work two days a week but I don't mind it allows me to rest up the setters and my body isn't 19 anymore either.
Talk to you soon.
Oh... glad to hear you made it to a hunt with Dennis he is a first class guy. I am sure a great hunting companion.

Bret[/quote]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Ya Matt!!!

I just got back in from Idaho last night and that Storm really Bunched up the Geese! Killer time but as the week went on it really got Tuff! The Smaller Flocks by Friday just weren't there any longer!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff......when the heck did you start goose hunting??? Where in Idaho are you going? I have a lease on a farm up near Burley. I am leaving this coming Thursday afternoon and coming back Saturday.....want to come along?? Give me a call. Sorry I haven't called. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Matt you Goof!!! We have been out of touch haven't we??? Sorry I just saw this message Matt! I had to go and find out where all the Golf Course Geese were going this Morning. Yep I was Right they headed straight for the Rudy Duck Club! The Morning after a Rain like we had up here is the Worst! I am Posting this Here cause I don't have an Email Addy for you so other Hunters BARE With me Here!!! And thank you Guys for a Forum for me to Reach and chat with and Old Friend!!!

I have been Hunting waterfowl since I was 12!!! Have you forgotten how we met and the Pheasant Hunts and all the shooting we used to do?? The Only thing we never got to do was Hunt Ducks and Geese together remember??? Something I always Regretted! Matt I chase Geese From the Billings Montana area all the way to Bicknell! I always Have. Back in my younger days I never missed a Hunt with Mark Perry (the Artist) either at Lake Front Duck Club or many trips just for the Geese down to Clear Lake! And at BV on the Sunday Morning Wild Goose chases with John Cozza and Jim Rymus for many many years… Many Geese up the near Howard Slough were killed that way! I didn't raise Chessies to have them Sit on their Butts! Although I have always chosen Duck Hunting First! Anyway now I see why I have been missing you in Idaho then cause I have been in the Preston area and I have this carving Bud in Idaho Falls the Keeps me well up to date! Along with my Baby sister in Shepard Montana! I am Going to loose my Preston Area soon as my Client that I built a New Barn and Indoor Arena for is taking a Job with NASCAR and is moving to North Carolina Soon! I do still have my secret place down by you in Utah County after the Pheasant Hunt but that may also change do to the fact the owner of the land is moving into Raising more Fox's now and they won't Kit with too much noise! I hate the Minks (He Does them Also) but he Loves them, so who knows that might change Also! I just throw My Sick Lab (She was Born with a Bad Thyroid and is from the Last Litter Thrown from Morrisons Part Crippled Bailey Dog) in the Truck with my Piddly amount of Field Goose Decoys along with all the Duck Decoys and I go! I was offered a Lease at the Harrison a Few years back right after Dr Dave passed away and I got Popped from BV because of the encroaching Houses but I turned them down. I have shot the Lake Front Dick club a Few times with Neighbors but now everyone has Sons to hunt with! I also was Offered a Share in the Ambassador 5 years back from a Family member but the timing sukked!

Matt I would Love to Go Next week but I can't and I am Sorry! This last trip I really did well and I don't have any Room right now for any more Birds for one.. Not Yet anyway! But I also got a call from my Engineer and the Building Permit for a Phase 3 Project for Up Town is done and ready so it looks like I will be working in that Building as soon as we can get set up! I also have 2 Carved Guns that have to be done and Shipped By Friday night along with all the shop work waiting! Hell the only thing that Brought me back was the Utah Game (You know how us Alumni are as you are one yourself just the WRONG School is all! LOL) and all the work waiting! Also Sue is Shooting at the New Great Salt Lake Gun Club in a Woman's Skeet shoot early Next Saturday Morning that I promised I would be there to watch and Cheer her On .. Matt her shooting SUKS as bad as Mine!

Matt I would Love a Rain Check as I haven't Hunted in the Burley area now since my Last Pheasant Hunt over the 3 years ago! I did Hunt Geese west of Boise with My Log Home Supplier last year But it was very Hard Hunting! I also Understand the Calling as Sue told me about the Cell Phone Situation! Far be it from me to make the Wife Mad at you for using up all the Minutes talking to me and you know what a Chatter Box I am and she Must Also! LOL You Call when you have time or Can as I would Love to have a Long chat and catch up soon! I tried to call you before I left Last Sunday but I never could get through and I tried to call from Idaho with no Luck Either! I am usually home by 5 or so and then in the shop or carving room or office till at least 10:30 or 11 so Call me!!

Matt Have a Great Trip and Shoot Straight and Shoot One for me BUD!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you soon and Best Wishes from the Jeff The DuckDog!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
PS Hey Matt!

I don't know if you remember me ever Telling you this but I shot my First Goose at 15 at the Decker Lake Pond! Hell I-215 wasn't even on in planning stages back then and I shot my First Pheasant right where the Valley Fair Malls Sits Now! Only becuse my Dad wounlt let me shoot them in the Back Yard!!! You know how Dad's are?

I might be down to Utah County this week if I get tme to Pick up some New UHSCarving Burrs in Orem! If I do have to come down I will call you!! The Place I buy them is just Off Geneva Road and I always make another Tool stop ant Timberline Wood Workers Supply!!!

Have a Great Sunday and a Better Next Week!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Matt!

Looks you are in for a Great TRIP! The Weather and the Birds are Ready for a Friday and Saturday Hunt! I just got off the phone with my Log Home Supplier in Boise and they are Killing them!!!

Have One GREAT TRIP BUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff ~ The DuckDog!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, Jeff the Duckdog, I am looking for a contact for the Rudy Gun Club. One of their adjacent landowners is interested in talking with them about something - I think maybe selling to them. I can't find anything but a mailing address. Do you have the name of an actual person?

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.