Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the thread in the Honey Hole on Experimental Vaccince https://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=911562

Three things jumped out at me, but didn't really want to get into a controversial topic in there so I moved my comments to new threads here.

Rat Creek said:
So the vaccine is worse than covid? :umm:
Not even close.

Maybe for young healthy people. For some of them it may be safer to get the virus than the vaccine. However, nobody ends up giving it to other people that die because you got vaccinated. My sister-in-law gave it to her parents. Thankfully they didn't die, but they were a lot closer than they would have liked to have been. If she had got vaccinated, she wouldn't have nearly killed her parents.

Even if we are talking about 100 deaths per 1,000,000 vaccinations. If we vaccinated all 330,000,000 Americans, that would be 33,000 deaths and the reality is that it is probably 1/10th of that or less. After all we are vaccinating the weakest and probably most effected first. The virus has killed a minimum of 10 times that already and given that probably no more than 1 out of 3 have gotten it so far, we are looking at doubling that number before we reach herd immunity without the vaccines. So 33,000 deaths compared to another 300,000 to 500,000 deaths would be a massive amount of lives saved. And it's not just death that the virus causes. A lot of people have other serious health consequences, not just the suffering through the virus, my father-in-law was extremely sick for a month and when you are almost 80 you don't just bounce back from that, but also many have probably permanent damage that will impacts on their life.

Hundreds of thousands of more will die without the vaccine.

At most thousands will die with the vaccine. The only problem is we can't vaccinate quickly enough. As a result we will probably lose another 100,000 more at least and millions more will suffer badly and often permanently.

Obviously you start vaccinating the highest risk people first, but you keep going down the list until this :censored: thing is sent to the ash heap of history like polio and other disease we have vaccinated into irrelevance. Maybe we don't have to vaccinate anyone under 25 to do that, but when your risk group comes up and this thing is still around, I think it's immoral to not get vaccinated.

·
11,949 Posts
I know there is an issue with one of the vaccines. If not there is some healthcare workers faking it to get some time off.

·
Administrator
42,110 Posts
cartervj said:
I know there is an issue with one of the vaccines. If not there is some healthcare workers faking it to get some time off.
Give up which one? :hi:

·
11,949 Posts
Heck if know. All I will say is half the folks are out saying they don't feel well. Some are really sick but hard to tell without actually seeing them in person.

Supposedly this is not news

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cartervj said:
Heck if know. All I will say is half the folks are out saying they don't feel well. Some are really sick but hard to tell without actually seeing them in person.

Supposedly this is not news
One thing I heard is that may be a good thing. If the vaccine triggered a strong immune response, it wouldn't be surprising to feel sick. Basically getting the virus without getting it.

But there's so much crap out there so who knows.

·
11,949 Posts
That may be the case

I also know employers are having trouble with employees wanting to work. I'd assume some of that having to do with childcare and school closings.

·
Administrator
77,206 Posts
I will be truly shocked if the so called vaccine actually works to provide immunity to this corona virus because, well, it's a corona virus. They have been working on trying to find a vaccine for the common cold for how long? They fail every time because corona viruses mutate so fast, rendering the vaccine useless. This one will be no different, and people will be given a false sense of hope once they are vaccinated. But fear is one of the biggest emotional motivators of man, and can high-jack reason and trigger a primitive response. People want to believe.....

·
11,949 Posts
I believe you're on the right track Inda

I've been reading some are having issues with the second dose of Pfizer. Modena is the one being given that I actually know about. It may be the second dose too. I know it made a few sick on the first go around.

·
Administrator
77,206 Posts
cartervj said:

I've been reading some are having issues with the second dose of Pfizer. Modena is the one being given that I actually know about. It may be the second dose too. I know it made a few sick on the first go around.
No way on ***'s green earth am I taking the vaccine. I don't care what penalties they put in place.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cartervj said:

I've also read that some people are having issues with the virus.

·
Administrator
77,206 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

But it is no where near the R naught of 3.1 they claimed when this first started... fact is 99.995% of all infections, people live.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

But it is no where near the R naught of 3.1 they claimed when this first started... fact is 99.995% of all infections, people live.
And hundreds of thousands of Americans have died.

I get a laugh out of the math. Is it a bunch of false positives? If so, it is far more deadly and we are much further from herd immunity.

If just 100,000 have died and 99.995% survive, that means 2 billion Americans have had it.

·
Administrator
77,206 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

I get a laugh out of the math. Is it a bunch of false positives? If so, it is far more deadly and we are much further from herd immunity.

If just 100,000 have died and 99.995% survive, that means 2 billion Americans have had it.
Right...and the flu just disappeared like magic.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

We have worldwide travel restrictions and people are having much less social interactions. This is going to reduce the spread of the flu is it not?

What is your estimate of the number of people that would be alive if they had not caught this virus? Mine is 250,000 to 350,000.

What's your estimate of the number of people that have been infected by it? I'd put it at 75 to 150 million.

Where do you think we are or like a lib is it a secret while you complain?

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
but you keep going down the list until this :censored: thing is sent to the ash heap of history like polio and other disease we have vaccinated into irrelevance.
As the vaccine was not generally available in the US until the 60s', polio was actually hand-washed to the ash heap of history, not vaccinated, as it is spread by bad hygiene (poop). Beginning after WWII, and prior to any vaccinations, the US and other nations did massive advertising campaigns encouraging new standards of hygiene. People for the first time understood the connection between hygiene and polio spread. That is what put polio on the ash heap. The vaccine helped but was not the real reason as polio was pretty rare when people began getting the vaccine.

Don't take this wrong. I am thrilled there is a vaccine for polio. My childhood friend's oldest sister (born in late 50s) survived polio and was partially crippled. The vaccine simply tapped out the small remaining infection rate. :hammer:

Almost all disease spread comes down to two things (1) hygiene and (2) parasites, mostly mosquitos and ticks. *** bless Edwin Ruud, the inventor of the hot water heater as he brought modern hygiene to the level we enjoy today. :thumbsup: There is your Nobel Peace Prize. :hammer:

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
This is truly where I wish we could get Big Gov bureaucrats out of our business and let people make their own decisions aka Individual Liberty. :fingerhead: It does also show political differences. Leftists really want to tell everyone what to do while conservatives just want to be left alone to our own decisions.

I will not be taking the corona virus as I do not see enough benefit in it, and as Inda mentioned, its a freaking cold virus. Those things reinvent themselves fast and often, like a fading celebrity clings to the lime light.

I did however take the shingles vaccine (both doses) as shingles seems to run in families and I have two close relatives, including a sister, who has had it. In fact, my sister (the non-geek) still has it, and has been suffering with shingles for TWO YEARS. :sad: As I score very high on the wussy-scale, I knew I could not go through two years of extreme burning pain, so there you go. The only thing she has found that works is CBD. The real stuff from Colorado. Glad we are just one state away so she can meet her dealer (her son) halfway between Denver and KC. :clapping:

As a healthy, daily exerciser with really good lungs, I think my risk factor from a corona virus is miniscule, so I will NOT be participating, unless of course, Big Gov requires it or you spend the rest of your days in a Weeger work camp making LeBron's shoes. :sad:

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rat Creek said:
SpinnerMan said:
but you keep going down the list until this :censored: thing is sent to the ash heap of history like polio and other disease we have vaccinated into irrelevance.
As the vaccine was not generally available in the US until the 60s', polio was actually hand-washed to the ash heap of history, not vaccinated, as it is spread by bad hygiene (poop). Beginning after WWII, and prior to any vaccinations, the US and other nations did massive advertising campaigns encouraging new standards of hygiene. People for the first time understood the connection between hygiene and polio spread. That is what put polio on the ash heap. The vaccine helped but was not the real reason as polio was pretty rare when people began getting the vaccine.

Don't take this wrong. I am thrilled there is a vaccine for polio. My childhood friend's oldest sister (born in late 50s) survived polio and was partially crippled. The vaccine simply tapped out the small remaining infection rate. :hammer:

Almost all disease spread comes down to two things (1) hygiene and (2) parasites, mostly mosquitos and ticks. *** bless Edwin Ruud, the inventor of the hot water heater as he brought modern hygiene to the level we enjoy today. :thumbsup: There is your Nobel Peace Prize. :hammer:
Hygene was why it fell. Not why it's non-existent today. It would have remained at a low level just like measles and other things that have been vaccinated into irrelevance.

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
It still exists today in places where hygiene is nasty. :help: Think religion of peace and you will know where to find it. :sad:

And I assume people who have no hot running water and wipe with their bare hands are not going to travel to a local medical office for free polio vaccines. :sad:

·
Administrator
77,206 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

We have worldwide travel restrictions and people are having much less social interactions. This is going to reduce the spread of the flu is it not?

What is your estimate of the number of people that would be alive if they had not caught this virus? Mine is 250,000 to 350,000.

What's your estimate of the number of people that have been infected by it? I'd put it at 75 to 150 million.

Where do you think we are or like a lib is it a secret while you complain?
What I am saying spinnerman is that I do not buy the data, either for Covid deaths nor positive tests. It has all been manipulated. And I certainly don't buy the BS about masks...they do not work. I'm tired of the American public being gaslit, lied to and fed propaganda. It is revolting quite frankly.

1 - 20 of 889 Posts