Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 452 Posts

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
I will be truly shocked if the so called vaccine actually works to provide immunity to this corona virus because, well, it's a corona virus. They have been working on trying to find a vaccine for the common cold for how long? They fail every time because corona viruses mutate so fast, rendering the vaccine useless. This one will be no different, and people will be given a false sense of hope once they are vaccinated. But fear is one of the biggest emotional motivators of man, and can high-jack reason and trigger a primitive response. People want to believe.....

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
cartervj said:
I believe you're on the right track Inda

I've been reading some are having issues with the second dose of Pfizer. Modena is the one being given that I actually know about. It may be the second dose too. I know it made a few sick on the first go around.
No way on God's green earth am I taking the vaccine. I don't care what penalties they put in place.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

I've been reading some are having issues with the second dose of Pfizer. Modena is the one being given that I actually know about. It may be the second dose too. I know it made a few sick on the first go around.
I've also read that some people are having issues with the virus.
But it is no where near the R naught of 3.1 they claimed when this first started... fact is 99.995% of all infections, people live.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

But it is no where near the R naught of 3.1 they claimed when this first started... fact is 99.995% of all infections, people live.
And hundreds of thousands of Americans have died.

I get a laugh out of the math. Is it a bunch of false positives? If so, it is far more deadly and we are much further from herd immunity.

If just 100,000 have died and 99.995% survive, that means 2 billion Americans have had it.
Right...and the flu just disappeared like magic.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
Indaswamp said:
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:

And hundreds of thousands of Americans have died.

I get a laugh out of the math. Is it a bunch of false positives? If so, it is far more deadly and we are much further from herd immunity.

If just 100,000 have died and 99.995% survive, that means 2 billion Americans have had it.
Right...and the flu just disappeared like magic.
We have worldwide travel restrictions and people are having much less social interactions. This is going to reduce the spread of the flu is it not?

What is your estimate of the number of people that would be alive if they had not caught this virus? Mine is 250,000 to 350,000.

What's your estimate of the number of people that have been infected by it? I'd put it at 75 to 150 million.

Where do you think we are or like a lib is it a secret while you complain?
What I am saying spinnerman is that I do not buy the data, either for Covid deaths nor positive tests. It has all been manipulated. And I certainly don't buy the BS about masks...they do not work. I'm tired of the American public being gaslit, lied to and fed propaganda. It is revolting quite frankly.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
I don't know.. What I do know is the tyrannical lock-downs and mask mandates are nothing but a ludicrous over reaction. They keep moving the goal post....it is infuriating.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
It's killed hundreds of thousands.
How do you know that for fact? What data are you looking at? Are you 100% certain that data is accurate? How are those deaths being counted? The next question is -would they have died anyway this year? No way to know the answer to that, but I suspect many would. This virus has not spiked the overall death rate in the US like the spanish flu did. It is just altering how some people die...

If we had spanish flu death ratio numbers, I might would consider some of the crazy ideas the politicians have thrown at the wall. I still would not wear a mask though because masks do not work for viruses.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
If masks worked to stop viruses, I can guarantee you that mask makers would advertise that fact. They don't. Why? Liability. They can not make a claim unless it is true. There are many disclaimers stating explicitly on mask boxes that they do not stop viruses.
Most common is n-95, but many people do not wear those. I still see people walking around with what amounts to a handkerchief tied around their neck. That isn't going to do squat. Not to mention, even if they did work in theory, it would never work in practice. Masks concentrate whatever they filter, and when people wear masks they touch their face 50 times more often readjusting, closing off gaps becasue their glasses fog up, etc...and then they touch things in the store when they shop...yup-spreading the virus....

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
The Pas Swamp Donkey said:
Wrong. Please go to any of the following REPUTABLE sources and investigate. CDC (Centre for Disease Control) WHO (World Health Organization) FDA (Food and Drug Administration) , MAYO clinic, Harvard Health, JAMA , and you can do a medline search under the NIH (National Institute of Health) and look for meta-analaysis, which is a review of current articles dealing with the subject. I'll take the conclustion from the one meta analysis here , which was a review of 19 controlled data studies (placebo controlled). Conclusion :

"The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings. Trials in healthcare workers support the use of respirators continuously during a shift. This may prevent health worker infections and deaths from COVID-19, as aerosolisation in the hospital setting has been documented."

Similar results may be found at The Lancet and the European Respiratory Journal.

None of my results were published at Facebook University or the College of YOUTUBE or Trump University.

Don't tell people to take hydroxychloroquine. Double blind scientific studies and meta analysis have found it to be totally ineffective.
None of what you posted refutes the science that viruses pass thru masks. the N-95 allows pass through of virus particulate size larger than the thresh hold for infection. Please post something that refutes this fact.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
Here ya go...
Results: The results indicate that the penetration of virions through the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)-certified N95 respirators can exceed an expected level of 5%.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16490606/

That 5% is above the threshhold for infection by at least 3 orders of magnitude. You will still get infected, with just 5% particulate pass thru. And that is my point-they do not work against viruses.

Conclusion: The N95 filtering face piece respirators may not provide the expected protection level against small virions. Some surgical masks may let a significant fraction of airborne viruses penetrate through their filters, providing very low protection against aerosolized infectious agents in the size range of 10 to 80 nm. It should be noted that the surgical masks are primarily designed to protect the environment from the wearer, whereas the respirators are supposed to protect the wearer from the environment.
The protective capabilities offered by N95 masks are largely attributed to the masks' removal of more than 95% of all particles with an average diameter that is 300 nm or less. The average size of Sars-CoV-2 is 60-140nm.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
And that is for the best masks...the N-95 masks. I don't see many people wearing n-95 masks, and of those wearing them, they are not wearing them properly. Most of the masks I see are just cotton, and that isn't going to do jack squat.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
HNTFSH said:
Question...since I have a real job too. :lol3: Have they (anyone) conclusively determined the origin of the Corona Virus i.e. random bat poop on street market rotten fish on sale, whatever etc. versus engineered?
China destroying documents, shuttering the biomedical University, muzzling or disappering doctors that spoke out about research being done on gain of function for viral contagion, among many other clues......tells me all I need to know about where the virus originated. It most certainly is not where the Communist Chinese government 'officially' says it came from.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
HNTFSH said:
Indaswamp said:
HNTFSH said:
Question...since I have a real job too. :lol3: Have they (anyone) conclusively determined the origin of the Corona Virus i.e. random bat poop on street market rotten fish on sale, whatever etc. versus engineered?
China destroying documents, shuttering the biomedical University, muzzling or disappering doctors that spoke out about research being done on gain of function for viral contagion, among many other clues......tells me all I need to know about where the virus originated. It most certainly is not where the Communist Chinese government 'officially' says it came from.
I don't disagree with your speculation however if that is true, how do we successfully and safely develop a vaccine for which no one can reverse engineer the evidence to prove it? :huh:
What are you trying to say?

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
HNTFSH,

The vaccine is the spike protein...that is the MRNA. The hope is that the body will develop antibodies to fight it. That spike protein is functionally the same as the spike protein on HIV, and we have been doing research on HIV for a long time.

What no one will attempt to explain is how did that spike protein-a complex protein at that-suddenly morph in a mutation on a SARS virus? Answer-it didn't.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
HNTFSH said:
Indaswamp said:
HNTFSH,

What no one will attempt to explain is how did that spike protein-a complex protein at that-suddenly morph in a mutation on a SARS virus? Answer-it didn't.
I think it's interesting (and not particularly comforting) that those who developed the vaccine can't identify it's origin.
Because they are dead. Courtesy of the CCP.

·
Administrator
77,531 Posts
1 - 20 of 452 Posts