Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
12,182 Posts
I know there is an issue with one of the vaccines. If not there is some healthcare workers faking it to get some time off.

Reactions: lostknife4

·
12,182 Posts
Heck if know. All I will say is half the folks are out saying they don't feel well. Some are really sick but hard to tell without actually seeing them in person.

Supposedly this is not news

·
12,182 Posts
That may be the case

I also know employers are having trouble with employees wanting to work. I'd assume some of that having to do with childcare and school closings.

·
12,182 Posts
I believe you're on the right track Inda

I've been reading some are having issues with the second dose of Pfizer. Modena is the one being given that I actually know about. It may be the second dose too. I know it made a few sick on the first go around.

·
12,182 Posts
One thing that always bothered me about the mask. If you social distance then you should be good?

Someone is exposed to a positive Covid. Unless they are around said person for 15 minutes then there is not much concern. It used to be 30 minutes now.

What gives.

·
12,182 Posts
HNTFSH said:
cartervj said:
Someone is exposed to a positive Covid. Unless they are around said person for 15 minutes then there is not much concern. It used to be 30 minutes now.
huh?
There is some sort of criteria for length for time for a person to be exposed to a positive covid person

·
12,182 Posts
The wife and I know enough people that were sickened by one of the shots we've decided to pass. The only one we may consider would be JJ's but doubt that'll happen. She was relentlessly guilted but refused the pier pressure was real considering it was by some she answers to.

I know a guy who is pretty healthy that went down for 3 weeks with the first shot. Docs said he must have had it recently from his reaction. He did get the second shot but he runs in those circles.

·
12,182 Posts
HNTFSH said:
SpinnerMan said:
For me it's ticks. Freak me out. I picked one up in one of my favorite archery spots last season. I don't think I will ever be able to hunt there again. Not like pretty much everywhere else I hunt doesn't have the same risk, but that spot, I'll feel them crawling on me. "nope, not doing it."
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping:
My neighbors son was bitten by a lone star tick. He now has alpha gal disease. From what Al has told me you don't want that crap either.

The biggest issue with COVID is the lack of truthfulness being told. One must question now that trump is gone that everything is opening back up. CDC guidelines miraculously keeps changing. Transmission rates doing outdoor activities have always been ok yet form a year were told he'll no even with a mask.

Now take the vaccine and you're good to go although a few weeks ago you weren't.

Serious lack of consistency is beyond ridiculous.

I've always said it was real and really bad for some. Truth is it was overhyped by MSM and others to get rid of the orange man.

·
12,182 Posts
Ohio Mike you're the one of the ones I always wondered about. I've only known some that have passed and others that were barely affected by covid.

I've been saying since the first guy we knew passed from it. It may be a low percentage but it really sucks if you're that one

I'll be praying for your recovery.

·
12,182 Posts
I want to know about the rumors that the reason the vaccines happened so quickly was because they were already in development.

I agree Inda but I trust nothing we're told any longer.
Way too many lies they can't keep up. CDC, federal government and even state governments. Damn sure I don't trust the mainstream news from any sources. The progressives have taken over, it feels orchestrated with them asking so-called hard questions to the CDC and feds. NPR was entertaining today since I haven't listened in months.

I think we've reached the precipice for our country.

·
12,182 Posts
SpinnerMan said:
cartervj said:
I want to know about the rumors that the reason the vaccines happened so quickly was because they were already in development.
There has been huge advancement in medical technology and we have known how to mass produce vaccines for a long time. It should not have taken so long in hindsight. Hopefully even faster next time.
I'm more in the camp of the vaccine was being developed alongside the lab creation of the actual virus.

The story wet markets and eating bats and that other critter never made sense.

I'd bet inda and rat see thru the PC BS and the dramatic change to our way of life. It changed rapidly and for the worse. Once again it was so obvious that societal changes were crammed down our throats by progressives.

·
12,182 Posts
BigTerp said:
Indaswamp said:
Once again...I dispute those number of deaths FROM Covid...
Once again......where did the extra 400,000 American deaths come from last year? A question that's been asked over and over here, with not even a sniff of an answer, or theory......nothing. You want to refute the numbers of deaths from Covid, fair enough. But you've got to then be able to explain or, at least, theorize why there were hundreds of thousands of extra deaths in the past year.

Indaswamp said:
Asymptomatic spread of infection is a lie.
So, are ALL the scientist, doctors, epidemiologists, etc., etc. who have been studying this stuff for decades and Covid pretty intensely for the past year, be part of the grand scheme to present falsified data? If so, to what ends? What other science do you deny? Seriously. Below is just an example of one of those studies from Duke University. They must be in on the conspiracy as well.

"Nearly 40% of children ages 6 to 13 tested positive for COVID-19, but were asymptomatic, according to just published research from the Duke University BRAVE Kids study. While the children had no symptoms of COVID-19, they had the same viral load of SARS-CoV-2 in their nasal areas, meaning that asymptomatic children had the same capacity to spread the virus compared to others who had symptoms of COVID-19."

You say things like the above. Provide you're sources, provide your data, SHOW YOUR WORK. You can't just deny this or state that with literally nothing to back it up.

Like Spinner said earlier, some people are SO entrenched in their beliefs that they are blind to REAL facts and data. It's astonishing, really.
So asymptotic transmission happens at what rate.

Early on and one of the first actual deaths reported in our area was a guy that worked with my wife. They were around each other thruout the days he was with virus but not with fever. His last day around her was he had a coughing fit. Coughing was regular with him since he was a smoker. The health department was never concerned because he wasn't in the presence of others for a continued amount of time. Remember that 30 minute window deal. They were told to monitor for symptoms. I can give several scenarios my wife was in contact with Covid positive people. She never was sickened and was only made to have the Covid test for a routine colonoscopy. We thought about doing the antibodies test yet the doc in the box says it 50% accurate. Maybe it's better now??????

Why all the fuss about temps if you're a spreader without a fever.

The authorities are either real incompetent, scare and lack understanding of the Covid virus or was used to force change.
Maybe all 3 is the correct answer.

·
12,182 Posts
Rat Creek said:
HNTFSH said:
What do ya do when you are supposed to be the expert but you have no clue about how to fix the problem?

You make stuff up. I think that transcends political affiliation. :lol3:
You have to follow the science,,, er,,,, I mean the political science. That's it,,, the political science is settled. :hammer: :rolleyes:
It has been a magical few days.

Obama, I mean Biden is in charge. The CDC changes back to reality and what conservatives have been saying. Fauci has been used up and questioned by progressives.

The most magical of all
The Today Show mouthpieces are sitting side by side without mask. I mean I almost cried at how far we have come. :lol3:

·
12,182 Posts
BigTerp said:
Now, don't get me wrong, there was a LOT of fear mongering and terribly mixed messages along the way. It's being frustrating and the public lost a lot of trust in the CDC and government in general because of it. The most recent example is Walensky's impassioned speech about her fear of impending doom back in March and just 2 days ago she wasn't comfortable sending her kid to camp (why by the way? Science would deem that is safe). Next day- goodbye masks. It's such a mixed bag of messaging and a terrible look. Give me science, numbers, and data, not your own personal worries, thanks.
I take it you're a Doctor

My father was admitted to the Covid floor early on in the outbreak. He was negative and the doc in charge said so but was waiting on confirmation. He said his lungs did not display Covid lungs. The broken glass appearance in X-rays.

Got to ask the doc in charge of the floor questions. He took it very serious since they were in unknown territory. This hospital was very forward and answered any and all questions they could. Saying we don't know if they didn't know.

The other hospital with a very new building and cutting edge equipment wouldn't answer crap from anyone. Simply stating look at
The state reported numbers to see theirs. Not a good look and certainly added to conspiracies. They did have 5 healthcare workers die from Covid.

·
12,182 Posts
Indaswamp said:
Your link reports a huge UNDER reporting.
Under reporting of total deaths, not deaths due to contracting Covid. How many of the deaths recorded as Covid deaths should be moved to the total death column due to the lock down? That is the real tragedy....the toll of death from the lockdown is something that does not fit the narrative, so it is not reported. The lockdown is responsible for more deaths than those from contracting Covid. It's downright criminal. And bad information is what drove the lockdowns. I was against it from the start and it pisses me off even more now that the real data is becoming available.
Your point is real when applied to suicides especially among school age children. Parents were very much concerned with their kids.
Suicides dis increase in all segments of the population but more so with kids.

The lack of social interaction breaks the soul of a child and the conspiracist in me says that was by design to bring change. The realest in me says the powers that be were too idiotic for that to be the case.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts