Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Not trying to be contrary here Rat but it was the polio vaccine that primarily put polio in the ash heap. Hygiene certainly played a part but less so in the US than other countries. Polio is spread 3 ways. Yes contact with contaminated poop is one, but is also spread between people by nasal and oral secretions. In the US spread was more likely by nasal and oral secretions than poop. Even in the 50's most everyone in the US had indoor plumbing and practiced decent hygiene. There is actually a theory by some scientists that improved hygiene may have at first led to an increased incidences of polio. It's a simple theory but I won't go into it here. Mass inoculations began in 1954 and by 1956 cases of polio dropped by 60 or 70% (I do not recall the exact % or number). Hygiene did play a part in reduction of the disease. The point I'm making is that it was primarily vaccinations that reduced the infection rate and ultimately eliminated it in the US.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
No one knew exactly how to deal with this pandemic and no one knows for sure currently the best way to deal with it for the good of the people and society. The problem is that it became politicized. Once something becomes politicized now a days, science, facts, knowledge, logic, reasonableness etc. goes out the window. We draw lines and won't cross them. We are right, you are wrong, no middle ground. Much of the so called science is affected by the politicization. Some studies and outcomes are manipulated , results can be manipulated or interpreted to show a predetermined outcome. We search out results and content that fit our political philosophy and our preconceived ideas. I am as guilty of this as others. I am Republican, conservative, right wing, but I have friends who are way out there on the right and we can't really discuss Covid. And I'm in a different dimension from my few democrat/lefty friends, it's like we are from different planets.

I admit I do not know what ultimately is the best way for people to deal with Covid. I've read compelling reports, studies, articles by scientific, medical, various experts and others both for and against the vaccine, for and against masks and social distancing, for and against certain treatments. I'm making up my own mind what I'm going to do based on my personal research. I'm getting the vaccine, in fact can't wait. I'm 72, very active but do have some minor co morbidities. I don't like it but I don't really mind wearing masks. I have no problem with social distancing. I do have big problems with government restricting our movements and restricting and closing businesses , schools and some of the other fascist things the government has done. But the bottom line is the whole Covid thing has been completely F'd up due to politicalization, we are only for the most part listening to those we agree with. Climate change is the same. Once it was politicized much of the science became pseudo science, based on predetermined results. (I personally do not believe there is a man caused climate crisis nor can man do much to affect climate change) . Extreme politicalization now a days screws up so much.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Regarding the number of vaccine deaths in 2021 the data used to determine that is inaccurate , unverifiable and basically pure crap.
Read the caveat. The findings have no validity. VAERS is mostly useless.
Regarding the picture of the patient you posted, the symptoms are typical of Serum Sickness. I've seen this numerous times. It is caused by a plethora of different medications and some vaccines like the vaccine for hepatitis B. Most often it is seen after antibiotic treatment especially after penicillin and amoxicillin. You are more likely to suffer serum sickness due to other medications than you are from the covid19 vaccine. Even certain hypertensive meds cause serum sickness. If you are afraid of the vaccine due to the minuscule chance of serum sickness from it then you may not want to take any prescription medications since there is a much higher chance of serum sickness.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Here's the best explanation I've heard of why masks are effective in preventing the spread of Covid. This is from a physician. I am not advocating masks one way or the other. Just providing information.

First, masks are very effective at blocking large bodies such as bacteria, fungi, and spores. If viral bodies were transmitted as discreet, individual units, masks would be totally ineffective. But that's not how it works. Viral bodies are transmitted en masse via water and mucous droplets [or blood, in some cases], as from a sneeze or breathing hard, or even breathing normally. They can't survive all by themselves in a dry environment. They need a damp "cocoon" in order to travel thru the air. Masks are extremely effective at blocking these relatively large droplets.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Indaswamp said:
California Sprig said:
Here's the best explanation I've heard of why masks are effective in preventing the spread of Covid. This is from a physician. I am not advocating masks one way or the other. Just providing information.

First, masks are very effective at blocking large bodies such as bacteria, fungi, and spores. If viral bodies were transmitted as discreet, individual units, masks would be totally ineffective. But that's not how it works. Viral bodies are transmitted en masse via water and mucous droplets [or blood, in some cases], as from a sneeze or breathing hard, or even breathing normally. They can't survive all by themselves in a dry environment. They need a damp "cocoon" in order to travel thru the air. Masks are extremely effective at blocking these relatively large droplets.
Masks don't stop the spread of viruses. Period. Respirators are the only means of a cover over one's face that will filter viruses.

But most people do not know the difference between the two.
Did you read and comprehend what the physician said? I know the difference between a mask and a respirator. Again I'm not advocating for or against masks. I thought the above of how and why masks work was interesting and it makes sense. . It was a quote from a physician who is a disease expert. I think I will take the word of a physician and disease expert as opposed to someone with no credible expertise in medicine, disease, epidemiology.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I generally read these posts but stay out of these debates but I just can’t ignore the following - How about deaths of vaccinated FROM Covid? Or is that a 'pandemic of comorbidities'? Either way-good luck collecting on life insurance if you lose a loved one that has taken the experimental vaccine.
Show me one claim denied by a life insurance company because an insured took the vaccine or any vaccine and died afterward. Just one , I’m waiting. That is 100% pure BS. If that was to happen the company would be sued for millions and the company would lose. There are only 3 reasons a company can deny a claim, Fraud, substantial misrepresentation of insurability and suicide. And after the contract is in effect for 2 years they cannot deny any claim for any reason (called the two year contestability clause) even if caused by self inflicted suicide. (Only exception is if the original contract was fraudulent to begin with). Unfortunately since many view everything especially Covid and things associated with Covid through a politicized lens, fact, logic, and truth are missing in action and much of the discussion is simply biased BS.

Reactions: BigTerp
1 - 7 of 7 Posts