Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What vehicle do you use for hunting.

Here in western PA, in bettween Erie And Pittsburgh, wet end to get a lot of snow at one time, therefore when i go hunting i usually take my four wheel drive with me. I use a 2000 F.250 Extended Cab-for the kids- 5.4 liter V8, itll pull a anything, anyway if its cold out the heater works and theres plenty of space for the .20 ga. and all the neccasary ammunition. I always choose a ford, been getting them all my life wont get nothin else, btw- what kind of tires do u suggest for this, i want to fill up the wheel wells but do not want to go with a different size rim, any way great site and im sure i will learn alot from this site as i just started duck hunting

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Good to see another person from my neck of the woods. I hate her Ferd expolder...but I use it for hunting and fishing. Has a lot more room than my CHEVY Monte Carlo. I can't wait till I get myself a kick azz Z-71

·
Registered
452 Posts
FORD

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
of the three you have listed i must say i am a chevy man. always had chevys and my wife still drives her 99 blazer.

i got rid of my 2000 Tahoe Z-71 because of fuel economy and my looong commute. i was looking for a mid size 4 door truck to replace it with. at the time the only three on the market were the Nissan Frontier Crew, The ford crew cab and Chevy's S-10 crew cab. being that the Nissan was the only truck with a 6' bed at the time...that's what i drive now.

i can honestly say that i have been extremely happy with the Nissan and may even get another one when i replace this in a few years.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i take the 'hoe. i have had it in snow, mud, water, you name. this ain't your standard street corner model though. i have owned 6 vehicles in my life and everyone of them are GM, 5 of 6 wore the bowtie. reliability? my beat around is an '85 sierra gmc with 194k miles on it. like a rock!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.