Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well another season is almost upon us and I can say, for myself, I don't really expect much this year again. I think N.O. is going to kick sand in our face this week and I expect a lot of other teams are going to do the same thing. My wife wants us to go to Pitts to see them play the squealers but it seems like a waste of 300.00 dollars to me. I am looking forward to see what Dalvin can bring to the back field and I hope he is a better blocker than A.D. was ( which wouldn't take much). Maybe we can work Treadwell into the game plan a little more but I think 8-8 is a realistic number for this team. Coming up on 40 years since the last S.B.. I don't have another 40 years left to see it happen again. Dam I wish I lived in Minnesota instead of Pennsylvania.......Oh yea why are we stuck going to London again this year? I hope this isn't an every year deal.....

·
Banned
9,006 Posts
Honestly I think we will finish around 8-8 again as well. I do think we can beat NO on Monday tho.

I just don't think the team is really upgraded from a team finished its season 3-8 last year. Mackenzie Alexander is trash, Waynes is trash and Treadwell is trash. Our O-Line went from the worst to slightly below average. I feel like the only position. We are going to be noticeably better is the RB position.

I still get hype for the team every year and I do watch most of the games but I'm not going into this season with the "Super Bowl home boy" mentality. G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Banned
9,006 Posts
I've got about 5 lunch bets going that he doesn't get over 500 yards this season. First round WR draft picks seem to bust more often than not. To be honest I'd rather have a "small" speedy guy that can run a route than a big slow guy that can't run run a route. Treadwell just can't get separation.

Remember how bad Troy Williamson was??? Even he had 200 some yards and fair amount of catches his rookie season and Treadwell only had 1!

·
Banned
9,006 Posts
Team played really well. Dalvin look like a stud, the O-Line gave Bradford time to make throws and when he had the time he made really good passes. Theilen and Diggs look like studs, and as much it seemed like the Saints were moving the ball at times, the Defense stood tall when it mattered and kept them out of the end zone. My only real worry is about the secondary. I'm sorry by Trae Waynes and Alexander are both below average corners in the NFL. Brees and Thomas are no joke, but a team like the Falcons could be trouble.

If we in Pittsburg next weekend I'm all in for the super bowl

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bradfords best game in a Viking uniform IMO. Dalvin did well and what can you say about Adam Theilin, the guy can catch and run with the ball. The D looks to be in great form and our O line gave Sammy the time he needed. I won't revise my forecast yet but dang they looked good.......Skol

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
MinnesotaDan said:
Team played really well. Dalvin look like a stud, the O-Line gave Bradford time to make throws and when he had the time he made really good passes. Theilen and Diggs look like studs, and as much it seemed like the Saints were moving the ball at times, the Defense stood tall when it mattered and kept them out of the end zone. My only real worry is about the secondary. I'm sorry by Trae Waynes and Alexander are both below average corners in the NFL. Brees and Thomas are no joke, but a team like the Falcons could be trouble.

Waynes has a ton of potential, he just needs to get better at getting away with penalties, right now many of them are blatant. Watching the Seahawks they hold and interfere a ton, they just don't get caught.

·
Banned
9,006 Posts
kbooger said:
MinnesotaDan said:

Waynes has a ton of potential, he just needs to get better at getting away with penalties, right now many of them are blatant. Watching the Seahawks they hold and interfere a ton, they just don't get caught.
You draft for potential in the first round, until you draft for players that can make immediate impact. Honestly the only place I see him having potential is his speed. He got absolutely torched by a receiver that looked like he was about 5'9" with half the speed, got called for PI and still got beat. The fact we went out and traded for Brock and are keeping a 39 year old CB around doesn't bode well for the confidence the coaching staff has in Mack and Waynes.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
MinnesotaDan said:
kbooger said:
MinnesotaDan said:

You draft for potential in the first round, until you draft for players that can make immediate impact. Honestly the only place I see him having potential is his speed. He got absolutely torched by a receiver that looked like he was about 5'9" with half the speed, got called for PI and still got beat. The fact we went out and traded for Brock and are keeping a 39 year old CB around doesn't bode well for the confidence the coaching staff has in Mack and Waynes.

He didn't get torched. The receiver did a stop and go. He stopped and that's where the receiver gained a step or 2. That's also where the PI happened. I agree he doesn't look to be Rhodes 2.0 but I think he could be a decent #2 cb. And Newman can still flat out play. He may be 39 but you wouldn't know it watching him. He may have lost some speed, but that is expected. We also have a coach who can turn a nobody into a somebody in the defensive backfield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Banned
9,006 Posts
I agree about Newman, I think he's really underrated actually. But I'm not so sure I have the same faith in Zimmer as you. He has as many winning seasons as Frazier in his time here and he's not saddled with Christian Ponder. He's had 2 seasons to make Waynes look like a somebody and it still hasn't happened yet.

I guess we have different definitions of what torched mean, but to me when you bite on a move, let the WR get past you, commit PI to try to catch up and he still gets 5 yards of separation, that's getting torched. Waynes also gave up a TD last night.

Our O Line played tough as nails tho. It was crazy seeing a LT not give up an sacks or rushes even. A QB doesn't have an 84% completion percentage, 3 tds no picks without good O line play. Bradford looked great.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If Pittsburg plays Sunday the way they played against the Browns then they are vulnerable. They had 13 penalties and generally you don't win when you put up that kind of number. The P.I. call against the Browns(3rd quarter?) cost them the game, pure and simple. If we can hold A.B. down then we have a good shot at winning. Leveon Bell did nothing against the Browns and if he does nothing this week Pitts. will be in trouble. I know they have a good D but so do we. It all depends on which Vikings show up this week.....Skol Vikes

1 - 20 of 393 Posts